eating clean?

Options
I've seen this term alot on the form, forgive me if its in the book that i haven't read yet, but what does this mean? Is it just like protien shakes and chicken? Doesn't it get bland? sorry just confussed. Also, I'm 30 pounds over where i want to be, should i lose some body fat before starting program or start immediatly?
Thanks in advance:happy:

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    People have different definitions of clean eating but basically it is eating foods as close to their purest form possible, cutting out as much processing/processed foods as possible. I eat "clean" 90% of the time. There are a few things I just have to have ;) My definition is "If it didn't grow in the ground or have a face I probably shouldn't eat it" It does not get boring, there are tons of variations of meats, fruits and veggies you can throw together and flavor with organic oils (my fave is coconut oil) herbs, seasonings etc. The possiblilties are really endless. I make my own sauces, salsas etc and they are so much better than the processed store bought stuff. I haven't gone as far to make my own breads but I do buy sprouted breads at Whole Foods. Google clean eating and you'll get some great ideas...that is where I started. Start switching out little things and find what you like and don't like. I feel so much better since making the switch and getting rid of boxed/pre prepared frozen foods and it's better for my whole family!
  • kmorris246
    kmorris246 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Yep- eating clean= eating food in as close to its purest form as possible. Tosca Reno is a huge "clean eating" advocate- you could google some of her stuff. Also, a great site that I use for clean-eating recipes is thegraciouspantry.com. I've got some great stuff from there.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Start lifting immediately after you finish reading the book.

Clean eating simply means eating whole natural foods and avoiding processed foods. Read the ingredient list; if it contains something you can't identify, it's processed. Whole foods are fresh vegetables & fruit, lean meats from the fresh meat section of the store (NOT the deli), whole grains (oats, barley, quinoa, brown rice, couscous, etc.) dairy, eggs. Frozen veggies and fruit are fine if the ingredient list shows nothing else was added, like perservatives or sugar.
  • igoharder92
    Options
    did you notice a difference in your weight loss once you started clean eating?
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    did you notice a difference in your weight loss once you started clean eating?
    Totally! Not only did the pounds come off easily, I felt so much better. Eliminate (or drastically reduce) the amount of crap you're eating from processed foods and you'll have more energy, sleep better, and feel better in general, even my skin looks better! I don't eat clean 100% of the time due to time constraints and/or laziness (sometimes I don't feel like preparing meals), but I would guess I eat clean about 80% of the time.
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Yep- eating clean= eating food in as close to its purest form as possible. Tosca Reno is a huge "clean eating" advocate- you could google some of her stuff. Also, a great site that I use for clean-eating recipes is thegraciouspantry.com. I've got some great stuff from there.

This is a REALLY good website! Thanks!!