Intro!

Options
Meg_78
Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
Really nice to have found a gainers group, this is my first week of attempting to train, and keep my weight on, but as I feared would happen, I already lost 3lbs this week...mostly think it was just teething issues leading to the wrong calorie amount being recommended, Trying to decide if I was considered "lightly active" or "active" (def Active) and seeing a massive difference between the supposed cals burned on the database compared to what my HRM told me (MPF logged me at 25 min circuit training general at 153 cals burned, where in fact it was 235 on my polar, and I wasn't giving it my all that time either. So I probably under ate for the first 5-6 days before I had the HRM. No wonder I lost!

Now I am set to gain 1lb a week (2140cals) plus I'm upping my protein to 100g, I'd like to get up to 100lbs, then increase again from there. I'm a bit skinny fat right now at 5'4" 97lbs, puny arms and skinny legs and a bloaty midsection, urk, wanna get some real muscle and strength, I'm so weak, have been a couch potato for a long time, my metabolism must be mental, as I have never weighed more than 100lbs except when pregnant, and I never did much physical exercise, but I do walk everywhere, at a pretty good pace! ;)

General plan is 25 min circuit training x 2 per week and 2 days strength training/lifting, not sure how long with that yet.

Does any one find that if you post a Q about trying to gain on the open forum you get almost no answers??? I know most are trying to loose, but I though this place was about support!

Anyway, I'm finding my feet, just wanted to say hi and thanks for the group!

Replies

• Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    so after a bit of research I have decided to put my self up to the highest activity state, and to gain 1lb per wk. Believe I am an ectomorph, I have always known that my metabolism is stupidly high, and my body type suits.
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have/had the same problems as well. To be honest, I think I just have a super high metabolism because even when I put it on the highest activity level (MFP gave me 2,380 calories), I wasn't getting the results I wanted so I made my own plan. My new goal 2,500 and I'm steadily gaining 1 pound a week. I'm tempted to try 2,700 to see if I can gain 1.5 pounds a week (note: I weight train).