low-carb high fat food. HELP!

Options
ieva015
ieva015 Posts: 93 Member
does anyone know any low-carb and high in fat foods?
any suggestions would be really appreciated! :)

also, low-carb and high fat junk food?
thanks! :)

Replies

• JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Avocado, almonds and cheese are my go-to snacks. Just posted a recipe for baked avocado fries ...2 net carbs and 21 g fat.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    There are many free websites online for your reference.

A good nutritional information source to use for foods is www.calorieking.com if you would like to get raw data
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Avocado, almonds and cheese are my go-to snacks. Just posted a recipe for baked avocado fries ...2 net carbs and 21 g fat.

WHERE is this recipe?? I MUST have it!
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Low-carb, high fat junkfood - CHICHARRONES! I only treat myself every now and then because they are also high in calories.

Low-carb, high fat healthy foods...too many to list. Meat, cheese, eggs, butter...I just try to make my own food. I recommend the website www.genaw.com for some pretty awesome low-carb recipes.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options

WHERE is this recipe?? I MUST have it!

Here you go - I've given both the original recipe and my substitutions. Nutritional info is with subs. Makes 2 servings
    Per Serving with my subs: 268 calories 12g carb 21g fat 13g protein 11g fiber

1/4 cup flour - I subbed golden flax meal....next time will sub almond or coconut flour as I'm really just not thrilled with the taste of flax.

.5 tsp kosher salt - I didn't use salt as the parm is salty enough

1 large eggs, beaten - I used 1/4 c egg substitute

3/4 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs) - I used 1/4 c grated parmesan, which was just enough. If you "bread" more heavily, you might need more

1 firm-ripe medium avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced into 1/2-in. wedges

Grated parmesan for serving (optional) - I didn't use since i breaded with parm

Preheat oven to 450.

Coat avocado slices in the four, then egg, then panko. Spread on a cooling rack that has been sprayed with non-stick spray, then place on a cookie sheet. Spray the top of the wedges with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, then bake for about 20 minutes at 450, or until they are golden brown.

Delicious!
  • LaJaunaF
    LaJaunaF Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Low-carb, high fat junkfood - CHICHARRONES! I only treat myself every now and then because they are also high in calories.

Low-carb, high fat healthy foods...too many to list. Meat, cheese, eggs, butter...I just try to make my own food. I recommend the website www.genaw.com for some pretty awesome low-carb recipes.

Heroin Wings by Dana Carpendar! Oh My Gravy! Delish!