April Challenge- VOTE!

Options
DinahKyle
DinahKyle Posts: 186 Member
Alright Everyone - it's a new month tomorrow and I think that should mean our FIRST Challenge! Now - I am warning you now, that I am going to suck at this - so lets vote on one!!! I am thinking that it should actually be a challenge - not something that we already do, so how about any of these:

a) replace one meal a day with only raw food (fruits, veggies, hummus etc)
b) add an extra 15 min a WEEK to your cardio workout - working out to an extra HOUR of cardio by May
c) lose a certain measurement or weight by May 1st - (Now this one I think would go without saying, which is why it is not my favourite)
d) - This one is going to be a bit tougher. Go onto http://blogilates.com/ - pick 4 of her printouts (this works out to about an hour of exercise) - do this 5 times a week for the rest of the month (I'm thinking this one may be my favourite)

Alright people - start your votes - Personally I am thinking that all of them could be integrated into one HUGE challenge! What do you all think?!

Replies

• Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I think I could go with incorporating all of those into the month - maybe one each week. :)

Will we have a specific weigh-in day? 1st April is a Sunday (and I'll be away nealry all day) but the last day of the month is a Monday, so we could always go for Mondays and have 5 official weigh-ins. What do you reckon?
  • DinahKyle
    Options
    I am thinking weigh ins (or measure ins for those who hate to weigh themselves) every Monday works quite well- that's been my measure date for a while but I stopped doing it :S

Plus 5 weigh-in/measure-in days would mean ample time to reach whatever goal is set.

So lets try doing everything then?

Still waiting on more votes - hopefully this challenge isn't a dud haha

So Monday April 2nd will be the first official day - want to keep it public? (ie. post your starting numbers and your goal, plus possibly which 4 sheets you will be doing from the website so we can all compare?)
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I'm in the midst of another workout challenge, but I'll do weekly weigh-ins. :D
  • SublimelyMe
    Options
    You can count me in, but my weigh in day is a thursday :)

It's going to be a tough month for me, I'll be (mostly) without the gym that a usually go to 4-5 times a week and also, I'll be staying with my parents, which means them trying to fill me with non-healthy foods :/
  • DinahKyle
    Options
    You can count me in, but my weigh in day is a thursday :)

It's going to be a tough month for me, I'll be (mostly) without the gym that a usually go to 4-5 times a week and also, I'll be staying with my parents, which means them trying to fill me with non-healthy foods :/

The good thing about the printouts is that they don't require a gym :) I do them on my living room floor :D
    As for the junk food, just say no haha
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Happy April Pin=Up ladies :smooched:

I like choice "d" [http://blogilates.com/] but is it only limited to the printable workouts? I'd like to try incorporating some of the exercises in her POP Pilates videos into my exercise regimen (like the corset exercise.)

I'm also down for tracking our weight here as well. Weighing in tomorrow 4/2 (and every Monday thereafter) makes sense, considering that the last day of the month falls on a Monday.

Count me in and good luck to all :flowerforyou:
  • DinahKyle
    Options

I like choice "d" [http://blogilates.com/] but is it only limited to the printable workouts? I'd like to try incorporating some of the exercises in her POP Pilates videos into my exercise regimen (like the corset exercise.)

She does have the corset workout in the printouts (awesome too!) But yes, basically the website :)
  • WeCallThemDayWalkers
    WeCallThemDayWalkers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    a) replace one meal a day with only raw food (fruits, veggies, hummus etc)
    b) add an extra 15 min a WEEK to your cardio workout - working out to an extra HOUR of cardio by May
    c) lose a certain measurement or weight by May 1st - (Now this one I think would go without saying, which is why it is not my favourite)
    d) - This one is going to be a bit tougher. Go onto http://blogilates.com/ - pick 4 of her printouts (this works out to about an hour of exercise) - do this 5 times a week for the rest of the month (I'm thinking this one may be my favourite)

I'm game!! I'd be definitely up for one of the measurement/weight-ins combined with the blogilates print-outs (or something comparable?)

Emily
  • DinahKyle
    Options
    EVERYONE READY FOR TOMORROW?!!

First weigh-in/ measurements for the First Pin=Up Challenge!

Tomorrow try to put in your first weigh-in/measurements for tomorrow, as well as your goal for the last day!

Also, if possible share what printouts (or comparable exercises) you will be doing - it might help us stay strong to have someone who knows EXACTLY what we are going through lol.

I'm getting up bright and early tomorrow - thinking measurements and cardio in the morning with pilates at night to wind down :)

Lets show this month what we've all got!
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    This is my first challenge. I'll incorporate some pilates into my gym workout and will weigh in every Monday as well! Substituting will be tough since I just went grocery shopping and am trying to add cals! I have to invest in measuring tape.
  • WeCallThemDayWalkers
    Options
    Should we provide our weigh-in and/or measurement info to the group?? Could be in simple format like:

*April Wk 1*
    Wt:
    waist:
    hips:
    bust:

Workouts committed to Wk 1:

or whatever... so we can track inches lost??
  • jadedone
    Options
    I'll start with measurements and workouts:
    CW: 221.4
    Bust: 41.5
    Waist: 36.5
    Hips: 46

Planned workouts for the week:
    Today: elliptical intervals (30 secs/2 min): 25 minutes, strength training: 20 minutes, walking: 20 minutes
    Cardio: 5500m rower, 25 minute elliptical interval (12 secs/8 secs), 2 Tabatas
    Strength: 200 squats week 5 remaining workout, Pop Pilates Back Attack, Minka Kelly Standing Abs (2X), Jackie Warner Power Pyramid, 20 minutes at the gym
    Other: 1 hour session with trainer (strength or circuit training), 20-45 minute walk

Goals for April:
    GW: 212
    Clothing size: 16
    Row for 6500m straight
    Finish 200 squats program (4 more workouts to go + final test)
  • jadedone
    Options
    Duplicate
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Here's my info...

Goal weight on 4/30 = 145

Weight Tracker:
    4/2- 151.6
    4/9-
    4/16-
    4/23-
    4/30-

I commit to adding the following to my exercise regimen (@ 30 min, 5x a week):

*Pike-Plank-Dip x30 (3 sets of 10 reps)
    *Candle-Stick Dip x30 (3 sets of 10 reps)
    *Sideways Scissors x45 (3 sets of 15 reps)
    *Abdominal Crunches x45 (3 sets of 15 reps)
    *Weighted Bicycle x45 (3 sets of 15 reps)
    *Airplane Ride x60 sec. (3 sets of 20 sec.)

I will be logging this workout under "Pilates - 30 min."

GOOD LUCK PIN=UP LADIES!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • DinahKyle
    Options
    Should we provide our weigh-in and/or measurement info to the group?? Could be in simple format like:

*April Wk 1*
    Wt:
    waist:
    hips:
    bust:

or whatever... so we can track inches lost??

Sounds Perfect - Submitting mine right now :)
  • DinahKyle
    Options
    *April Wk 1*
    Wt: n/a (I do not own a scale :S)
    waist: 30 1/4 inch.
    hips: 38 3/4 inch.
    bust: 40 inch.

Cardio: 30 min of assorted cardio (rotating with walking and the elliptical)
    Strength: My usual regimen of 21s (bicep curls), butterfly bench presses and pull overs PLUS my new pilates from "blogilates"
    I am doing :
    -No Shy Thighs printout
    -The Corset Workout printout
    -Inner Thigh Gap (yes, I hate that name too)
    -Post Thanksgiving Tune Up

Alright - lets get this done!!!! Good luck everyone!
  • WeCallThemDayWalkers
    Options
    *April Wk 1*

Strength: My usual regimen of 21s (bicep curls), butterfly bench presses and pull overs PLUS my new pilates from "blogilates"
    I am doing :
    -No Shy Thighs printout

Dang girl! With those measurements, you're already a pin-up!
  • WeCallThemDayWalkers
    Options
    *April Wk 1*
    Wt: 170.8
    waist: 32
    hips: 42
    bust: 42

3 days of heavy lifting at the gym and I'm going to throw in some mat-work to boot.
    Plank Dips (3 sets of 20)
    Bird-dog (3 sets of 20)
    Boat pose (hold for 15 secs, 3 sets)

I'm really awful at boat pose, so it will be a good thing for me to work on this week :)

Anyone looking for some inspiration for moves - try this link
    http://www.exrx.net/Lists/WtFemale.html

click on whatever body part you want to work and it takes you to detailed instructions!
  • DinahKyle
    Options
    *April Wk 1*

I am doing :
    -No Shy Thighs printout

Dang girl! With those measurements, you're already a pin-up!

Thank you, I don't think that I've smiled that hard in a long time!
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm already doing #1 so that wouldn't be fair to you all. I like #2. Can't do the 4th one with the illness I have so that is out for me.

So I'm going to vote for #2. Much better chance at succeeding.