April Challenge- VOTE!

Options

Replies

• Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I ordered a measuring tape/body fat analyzer on Amazon yesterday so will be late with my measurements. Here's my routine, which is going to be a little different since I'm also powerlifting!

Monday: StrongLift 5x5 workout A: Squats, Bench Press, Barbells
    Tuesday: Cardio, abs, and toning (pilates workout you mentioned, floor exercises)
    Wednseday: StrongLift 5x5 workout B: Squats, overhead press, deadlifts
    Thursday: Cardio, abs, and toning (pilates workout and floor exercises)
    Friday: StrongLIft 5x5 workout A: Squats, Bench Press, Barbells
    Saturday: Yoga
    Sunday: Yoga

Whoot Whoot! :wink:
  • joelleh26
    joelleh26 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I need to buy a tape measure, will update you asap
  • GhoulyGrin
    Options
    *April Wk 1*
    Wt: 262
    waist: 41
    hips: 53
    bust: 49

Workouts committed to Wk 1:
    I don't have a specific workout plan. What I'm going to do is either Zumba, Kickboxing, or The Roller Derby Workout on a daily basis. Also, I'm following this, http://wildthingsrunfree.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/7022641487_6bd8ede3a9.jpeg, for the whole month of April. :)
  • WeCallThemDayWalkers
    WeCallThemDayWalkers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I like that April Calender you posted, Ghouly.

Burpees = evil
    (I think I hate Mountain Climbers even more)

on second thought, maybe I just hate hard exercise?! LOL :drinker:
  • DinahKyle
    DinahKyle Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    First week is almost done!! How's everyone doing? All prepared for the long weekend?
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of my April challenge exercises and feeling great! Well, except for the fact that "shark week" is coming and the scale is announcing its arrival (ugh! :frown:) Anyhow, I'm really glad this for this challenge; it is motivating me to step outside of my comfort zone :smile:

Hope everyone is meeting their fitness goals for week one. I can't wait to hear all the happy comments when the month's payoff arrives! Wishing you all a wonderful holiday weekend!!! :flowerforyou:

P.S. I'd like to invest in a body tape measure...any suggestions, or are they all pretty much the same?
  • Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Tape measures should be standard - they all show inches and cm and all will be to the same standard measurements, so don't spend a fortune - find a cheap one that goes round you and you'll be fine. ;)
  • KrisyKat
    Options
    Tape measures should be standard - they all show inches and cm and all will be to the same standard measurements, so don't spend a fortune - find a cheap one that goes round you and you'll be fine. ;)

Cool deal...thanks :flowerforyou:
  • DinahKyle
    Options
    Glad to hear it!

The tape measure I have is just from a fabric store - seems to be pretty accurate, and it is made to take the measurements I need haha.
  • DinahKyle
    Options
    WEEK TWO HAS COME! How's everybody doing?!

Last week seemed to go by so quickly - however with so many Easter dinners it was really hard to keep good track of food intake while it was happening, however I made sure to keep to my exercise regime and it seems to have worked out alright. So without further delay:

*April Wk 2*
    Wt: n/a (I do not own a scale :S)
    waist: 29 7/8 inch.
    hips: 38 1/2 inch.
    bust: 39 3/4 inch.

Workouts committed to Wk 2:

Cardio: 45 min of assorted cardio (rotating with walking and the elliptical)
    Strength: Last week I didn't get to keep up with my usual regimen of 21s (bicep curls), butterfly bench presses and pull overs. BUT my new pilates from "blogilates" seemed to take their place quite nicely. So I will continue doing those - however the Thanksgiving tune up seems to be somewhat repetitive so I may look into another one to replace it.
    I am doing :
    -No Shy Thighs printout
    -The Corset Workout printout - I swear my lower back and stomach have completely transformed WITHOUT turning "pop-star-flat"
    -Inner Thigh Gap (yes, I hate that name too)
    -Post Thanksgiving Tune Up ***may be subject to change
  • WeCallThemDayWalkers
    WeCallThemDayWalkers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    No progress this week :/

*April Wk 1*
    Wt: 170.8
    waist: 32
    hips: 42
    bust: 42

*April Wk 2*
    Wt: 170.8
    waist: 32
    hips: 42
    bust: 42

Workouts committed to Wk 2:

3 days of heavy lifting at the gym and I'm going to throw in some mat-work to boot.
    Plank Dips (3 sets of 20)
    Bird-dog (3 sets of 20)
    Boat pose (hold for 15 secs, 3 sets)
  • KrisyKat
    Options
    Goal weight on 4/30 = 145

4/2- 151.6
    4/9- 152.0 <
    TOM :sad:
    4/16-
    4/23-
    4/30-
  • Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I haven't taken measurements, but here's how I'm doing:

01/04/12 - 203.5 lbs
    08/04/12 - 199.5 lbs (- 4lbs!)

The amazing thing is, I started my TotM on 1st April and have had it all week (it only stopped this morning), so that's two months in a row I've shed weight during my TotM. From now on I can make no excuses to myself with regards to that, because I've proven I can still shed the weight (I actually gained slightly a couple of days before it started, but it came off again pretty quickly).

I've joined the Zombie Apocalypse Challenge, so I'll be doing cardio, agility and strength trainnig for 9 weeks as part of that challenge. I also have my gym induction this Friday and will be starting my couch-to-5k training next week when Xander goes back to nursery school.

Feeling great! :)

18176012.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I started today so, I missed weeks one and two, so here's my weight for those two weeks (I have to get a tape measure) and my exercise routine:
    04/01: 187
    04/08 187
    Normally I weigh in on Sundays, but I was out of town til late this afternoon, so I'm weighing in tomorrow morning. Anyway
    Monday: Body Pump
    Tuesday: Bellydance rehearsal
    Wednesday: Body Combat (MORTAL COMBAT!!!.... sorry that creeps in every time I mention this class)
    Thursday: Body Pump
    Friday: Walking in the park (until I find something better since there's no classes at my gym I like and I'd rather walk outside at the park instead of on a treadmill
    Sat/Sun: Bellydance practice
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options

-The Corset Workout printout - I swear my lower back and stomach have completely transformed WITHOUT turning "pop-star-flat"

Really? How many sets, and how long have you been doing it? Tried a set yesterday and felt the burn. I plan to incorporate it this week!
  • DinahKyle
    Options

Really? How many sets, and how long have you been doing it? Tried a set yesterday and felt the burn. I plan to incorporate it this week!

I do that exercise along with 3 other printouts as she lists them online - 5 days a week . Still going strong too!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    This week's weigh in: 185
  • KrisyKat
    Options
    Goal weight on 4/30 = 145

4/2- 151.6
    4/9- 152.0 <
    TOM :sad:
    4/16- 149.8
    4/23-
    4/30-
  • DinahKyle
    Options
    Checking in:

April 16th measurements!

*April Wk 3*
    Wt: n/a (I do not own a scale :S)
    waist: 29 3/4 inch.
    hips: 38 3/8 inch
    bust: 39 1/4 inch

Workouts committed to Wk 3:

Cardio: 60 min of assorted cardio (rotating with walking and the elliptical - and now thanks to my parents BIKING!!)
    Strength: I have pretty much stopped my usual regimen of 21s (bicep curls), butterfly bench presses and pull overs. However I have been doing my new pilates from "blogilates" 5-6 times a week! I have stopped doing the Post Thanksgiving Tune Up, instead I have been doing a different one.
    I am doing :
    -No Shy Thighs printout
    -The Corset Workout printout
    -Inner Thigh Gap (yes, I hate that name too)
    -Cinch in That Waist

Good luck everyone in the week to come.
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Down one pound in a week with my TOM so I'm pretty stoked about that! Not measuring BF until next week since I'm likely holding more water this week. Can't wait until Monday! Still doing the same routine, although no yoga this weekend! Did some cardio and abs instead. Cheers pinup gals!!!