WEEK 1 - Are you READY to RUMBLE???

Options
13»

Replies

• amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Question--will we enter our results every day on the weekly thread AND the google doc?

Also--I am planning to do the "Bridge to 5k" challenge, which is 3 timed workouts per week. Do I enter that I completed the workout, or how many miles I ran? Do I log other walking or running I do besides the Bridge to 10k workouts?

Question--will we enter our results every day on the weekly thread AND the google doc?

Answer - Yes. You can enter both places - the MFP thread is more for us to pat each other on the back and encourage each other every day. If you miss a day here and there on the MFP thread, no worries. The MFP thread is also where you can ask questions to the other challengers, or the team captains.

HOWEVER - we NEED you to post your points (stats) to the google docs spreadsheet daily - it's just easier to keep up with your points that way. The spreadsheet is where the team captains will get the points for the week for each participant (rather than try to scrool through pages and pages of the MFP thread). Does that make sense?

In YOUR case - you are doing the B25K - so enter the mileage for that into the spreadsheet where it says "WALKING CHALLENGE". You will have 3 days that you enter miles for B210K and 3 days that you do not. If you do any addl walking or biking or whatever through the week - feel free to use that line to keep track of your "mileage".

Let me know if you have any other questions.
  • Roshams
    Roshams Posts: 77
    Options
    I am sooo ready!

STARTING:

WEIGHT: 168 LBS
    CHEST: 38.5
    WAIST; 42
    HIPS: 45.5

I will start with the Evening challenge, but will likely change that once I egt going again :) Baby steps!
  • Roshams
    Roshams Posts: 77
    Options
    I am sooo ready!

STARTING:

WEIGHT: 168 LBS
    CHEST: 38.5
    WAIST; 42
    HIPS: 45.5
    THIGHS: 26

I will start with the Evening challenge, but will likely change that once I egt going again :) Baby steps!

I forgot my level, I will join the Challenger group :D

PS, I totally love that you are being so organized about this. I LOVE the weekly postcard idea, and I LOVE that you`ve even done us up a spread sheet.

`This is exactly what I need to keep me motivated! xoxox THANK YOU!!
  • Katacheese
    Katacheese Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm as ready as I'll ever be. I'm going to do the evening walk andthe enthusiasts level as I already do yoga almost every day and I don't want to take on more than I can handle. My beginning weight is 235.5. I don't have a measuring tape so I'll pick one up this week and get those measurements for next week. Also, I didn't see my name listed. Can you please tell me who my team captain is?
  • nu2012
    nu2012 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Teams still being decided,right?

1) STARTING WEIGHT, 130
    2) CHALLENGE LEVEL COMMITMENT, Enthusiast
    3) WHICH WALKING AND/OR RUNNING CHALLENGE THEY ARE GOING TO DO. : Evening walk challenge
  • tessanharris
    Options
    Hello Everyone! Very Excited to get started, and wanted to give a special shout out to Team tessanharris! I know this is an individual challenge, and the teams don't technically matter, but I always think it's fun to work with a team, so we can motivate and challenge each other!! Thank you so much to amazing_grace for organizing this challenge for us all, I know she has put in a ton of work!

Starting weight:132
  • onefitsurvivor
    onefitsurvivor Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I hope I'm not too late for this challenge. :sad:

SW: 122
    Challenger level exercises
    Triathlon Walking Challenge

I'm so excited to get started!!
    Kelly
  • Missy_Snipes
    Missy_Snipes Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Changed my mind, I am going to also do the evening walk challenge!!!

Thank you so much for all your time and effort to make this challenge happen!!!

Let's GOOOOOO!!!!
  • steffanutter
    steffanutter Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Starting weight: 145lbs
    Enthusiasts Level
    Serious Commitment Challenge

Excited to start, Thanks!
  • hauser1121
    Options
    starting weight is 254, doing the walking challenge and the enthusiast work out.
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Todays weight is 153
    Measurements:

Chest 36
    waist 31
    Hips 40

Cannot log into the blogspot yet to read exact challenges...it says I must be invited first- but based on what I could read on information topic, I will do:

Challenger level exercises
    Serious commitment Walking Challenge (130 miles)

Good Luck, ALL!
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am ready. Hope I can keep up!

My starting weight is 220
    I am doing the Serious Walking Challenge and the Challenger's Workout
  • ReneeMustLoseIt
    Options
    Starting weight: 161 lbs
    Olympians Workout
    Evening Walk Challenge

:)

CAN'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW!
  • michelleling7
    Options
    Hi!
    Starting weight 127
    Olympians exercise
    Serious commitment challenge
  • FarleysGirl
    Options
    Starting weight: 249.0
    Level: enthusiast
    Evening Walk challenge

I will be getting you your measurements soon! Have to buy a tape measure!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    OK. I'VE GOTTEN EVERYBODY UP TO THIS POINT ON THE THREAD ON A TEAM. IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD FROM ME ABOUT WHICH TEAM YOU ARE ON - PLEASE SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE AND I WILL GET YOU THAT INFO.

ALSO - I WANT TO CLEAR UP SOMETHING ELSE..... PLEASE READ......

Some people want to work ahead and/or have already gotten started on their challenges for this week - and that's fine. But on the google docs spreadsheet you cannot give yourself 5 points for coming in under calorie goal for MONDAY when it is only SUNDAY (today). You CAN go it and put the 5 points under the EXERCISES COMPLETED section, for any day's exercises that you do, but you have to wait until MONDAY night to be able to put in MONDAYS stats as far as how much water you drank ON MONDAY, and if you came in under CALORIE GOAL on MONDAY.

Tonight, I went in and deleted some people's numbers that they had entered for MONDAY - because MONDAY is not here yet.

THE ONLY THING THAT YOU CAN POST AHEAD "FUTURE" IS THE EXERCISE CHALLENGE POINTS. I had a couple people walk some miles on their walking challenge on Saturday (yesterday) and it is ok to put those miles on MONDAY (tomorrow) since we didn't have a spreadsheet available for them to put them under last week. But going forward, you will put your miles down on the day that you walk them!!

Part of the team captain's job is to watch that spreadsheet closely to make sure that everyone is entering their numbers correctly (and fairly). If they see something "wierd" they will probably send you a private message questioning you about it.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME IF THERE IS ANYTHING ABOUT THIS CHALLENGE THAT YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND, OR HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT.

THANKS!
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'm Bethany.

Starting weight - 202.6

I'm doing the Challenger exercises and the Serious Commitment walking challenge
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    WITH ALMOST 60 PEOPLE SIGNED UP FOR THIS 13 WEEK CHALLENGE - WE'VE DECIDED TO HAVE 3 SEPARATE THREADS FOR THE INDIVIDUAL TEAMS TO POST TO.

SO INSTEAD OF POSTING HERE, GO TO YOUR SPECIFIC TEAM'S WEEK #1 THREAD AND POST THERE!!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE - I KNOW WE ARE GOING TO BE SLENDER & SEXY BY SUMMERTIME!!
  • corymomma
    corymomma Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm running so late, I think work may kill me yet.
    Weight 235
    Enthusiast
    Evening walk
    i really hope to do more than this but don't want to let myself or the team down
    Thanks, heidi
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry that I'm late posting!! I have posted it on separate things, but not all in one on here. I meant to, but was away all weekend.

Starting Weight: 133.1

Waist : 135 in
    Hips : 137.5 in
    Breast : 34 in
    Right Bicep: 10.5 in
    Right Tight: 23 in

Weekly Challenge: Enthusiast

Walk Challenge: Evening Walk

I'm sorry, I must be off to a really bad start. I really hope that I'm not too late!!

14877786.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter