new to mfp and this group

Options
He y'all, I have only belonged to mfp a few days but i love it and I think I will enjoy getting to know all of you. I am 43 years old and I have been a firefighter for 18 years as well as aparamedic for the last ten.It has been a rewarding career choice and helped me to be in the best shape of my life just three years ago. After a bout with depression I have seen my weight soar and my fitness level nosedive. Two months ago I weighed more than I ever have and after experiencing some respiratory difficulty and tightness in my chest at a fire one night I decided to make some changes. A physical and a stress test revealed some poor blood work and some endurance issues but thankfully my ekg was fine. I have made a commitment to myself and family to return to the weight and fitness level I enjoyed three years ago. I look forward to once again being able to compete in sprint tri athlons and play with my six year old son without getting winded. Proud to be able to share this journey with some other emergency workers.
james

Replies

• disp642
    disp642 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey James.. welcome.. I have only been on mfp about 10 days and just found this group myself.. I too had a health scare which is why I decided to start taking my health serious. I have been a police/fire/ems dispatcher for 13 years. I tend to eat alot of junk food while I work and this website has made me really think about what I am eating. Good luck with your journey. feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.. take care.. Karen