Prempro

Options
missjenn35
missjenn35 Posts: 6 Member
Went to doctors on Friday and it is 100% official that I am in menopause. I was on Beyaz until January 31st of this year and I went off of it because of the possible side effects and I figured why have a period if I don't have to. Doctor prescribed me Prempro on Friday. Any opinions on this? I understand there are possible side effects with this too but I have to do something. I have a 7 yr old son and I can hardly function at this point.

Replies

• chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I've been chemically put into menopause for about 2 1/2 years for advanced endometriosis. I suffered for a year with what i called out of control teenage emotions, one minute happy, one minute crying and the rest was a blurr. Also the hot flashes were making sleep next to impossible. my doctor startedme on prempro (the lowest dose) and since then life is much more in control.I still get a hotflash or two but nothing that makes me feel like I'm on fire, sleep is better and the weight is still slow to come off, but not going on and that's a good thing. I know the risks of HRT are there, as with any treatment, but I personally felt too out of control and felt the risks out weighed me and everyone around me (and most stayed away) being miserable. Good luck! and the freedom of not having a period is great too!
  • edina2
    edina2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm perimenopause and following Dr's advice now have ground flax seed and soya milk everyday. She recommend them rather than HRT .

quote from a website:
    Flaxseed, as the name implies, is the seed of the flax plant. It contains high levels of omega-3 fatty acids and lignans, which are fibrous phytoestrogens. In the digestive tract, bacteria change lignans into hormone-like compounds that mimic estrogen in the body. During menopause, when estrogen levels are declining, replacing or augmenting estrogen with phytoestrogens can lessen symptoms such as hot flashes.
  • amammaa4
    amammaa4 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm perimenopause and following Dr's advice now have ground flax seed and soya milk everyday. She recommend them rather than HRT .

quote from a website:
    Flaxseed, as the name implies, is the seed of the flax plant. It contains high levels of omega-3 fatty acids and lignans, which are fibrous phytoestrogens. In the digestive tract, bacteria change lignans into hormone-like compounds that mimic estrogen in the body. During menopause, when estrogen levels are declining, replacing or augmenting estrogen with phytoestrogens can lessen symptoms such as hot flashes.

Thanks for this info. Already searched and found some in my area. How long have you used flax seed? Does it help with mood swings and such?