First Week Down

Options
beccarockslife
beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
and I feel great! Both husband and I have lost 7lbs each!

He has lost 11.5 cm from his body and I have lost 24 cms!

(hubby is building muscle and I'm losing considerable weight so measurements bang on good for both of us).

Being novices at Paleo we popped out for a celebration treat - a piece of cake & a soda (mine was diet but I know that's no better!) at lunch today. I was seriously shocked how much it affected me, it tasted so so sickly and we normally could have easily polished off a huge amount of cake!

Neither of us could finish the slice and both of us were physically shaking! Never again. We came home and had a lovely paleo dinner.

I'm seriously happy with my lifestyle change, we've not been mega strict, we've had sausages (97% pork V low carb, gluten, wheat and something else free) and bacon but I've loved it. I am a blogger and photographer so shared my pictures of my food the other day, thought I'd share here if you like....http://weightwars.co.uk/2012/03/what-ive-eaten-this-week-2/

Replies

• tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a great 1st week!

Took a peek at your blog. Your meals look scrumptious.
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Way to go....
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Live well and learn...and you did. The cake shakes! I think we all do well when we're brought to awareness about something when it negatively impacts. What a great lesson. Thank you for sharing that
  • jenn26point2
    jenn26point2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Bacon and sausage are allowed as Primal meats. Maybe Primal is the approach you want to take.

Check out www.marksdailyapple.com to learn the difference between primal and paleo.
  • kecarlto
    kecarlto Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just started eating paleo (day 3) and feel much better than the first 2 days. I have read about the symptoms of detox and experienced almost every single symptom. The headaches and fatigue were bad but the dizziness this morning was unbelievable! I thought I was going to pass out in the shower, hit my head or break something else and be discovered three days later. Is this severity a normal thing and does anyone know if I can expect this to happen every morning or will it eventually go away?
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - you are normal.
    It will completely subside - and when you emerge from the other side of this tunnel - you will feel like super(wo)man.
    The severity and length are dependent on the amount of carb addiction your body had. They don't call it a "reset" for nothing.

When you transition to fat burning, you will find yourself much less tied to a food schedule, and cravings will go away. You will still have some social and psychological habits to break, but the physical ones tend to not last long.

Just watch for hidden sugars and HFCS in everything you eat if anything is packaged. Be brutal in your food selection criteria for several weeks in order to clear out the crud from your system.
  • GalaxyDuck
    GalaxyDuck Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Bacon and sausage are allowed as Primal meats. Maybe Primal is the approach you want to take.

Check out www.marksdailyapple.com to learn the difference between primal and paleo.

Bacon & Sausage are allowed as paleo meats, not sure why you would think otherwise. What's important is the ingredients in the bacon/sausage you choose as many have added sugar AND added wheat. Neither of which is primal OR paleo.
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I just started eating paleo (day 3) and feel much better than the first 2 days. I have read about the symptoms of detox and experienced almost every single symptom. The headaches and fatigue were bad but the dizziness this morning was unbelievable! I thought I was going to pass out in the shower, hit my head or break something else and be discovered three days later. Is this severity a normal thing and does anyone know if I can expect this to happen every morning or will it eventually go away?

Yes, I think it's very much a normal symptom to be dizzy. My opinion would be it's because your blood sugar is dropping and a sign of that is feeling dizzy, even disoriented, almost passing out...yep! My two cents. The good thing is that only lasts a short while. It must be the transition from being a sugar burner to a fat burner...what a switch our bodies can make, eh!?