Does anyone want to do a challenge/experiment with me?

Options
amsparky
amsparky Posts: 825 Member
Hey all!

I am nearing the end of Phase 1 and was thinking of doing a challenge (an experiment might be more appropriate). I have a ton of trouble eating enough (terrified of eating more), but have read too many success stories to refute the idea.

I am planning to do the following over the next 8 weeks:
- decrease cardio to my runs 3 days a week (no intervals after lifting)
- lift heavy - this will just continue
- eat at least 1900 cals a day net - this will be TOUGH; Ive been trying to break the mentality of eating less and suffering is the only way to go

I will be stepping FAR away from the scale and will only weigh in at the end of the month. I will take weekly measurements (which I have been doing off and on for months).

I think I will blog about it on my Tumblr, so I wondered if anyone wanted to join me? I thought if a few of us did it, it might make the crazy worry times better. That could just be me though. :happy:

I plan to post this on the main board and on another group, so please excuse the multiple posts in advance!

Have a great day all!

Replies

• k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I just started using this method today. I pretty much decided that stepping away from the scale for the month and relying on measurements would be the best way to go.

I never ever thought I would have the problem of "I can't eat all that, it's too much" but I have to admit it's a nice problem to have!

So is the challenge to measure and not weigh? If so, I'm in!
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I am cutting back to running 3 days a week (only 2-3 miles each) and doing a primal workout that is for strength training. I have upped my calories to 1750, and I eat back my exercise cals, so usually 1900 - 2100 a day. Just beginning to up to this much and scale back cardio, so I am interested in seeing how we do!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Love this...Sonya, if you wouldn't mind, would it be possible for you to post your updates in this thread? I know the group would love to keep up with you and all the ladies doing it.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Oh and ofcourse all the other ladies participating as well:-)
  • sonyachan
    Options
    Sure! Ok, took measurements today.

Chest: 39
    Waist: 37.75
    Hips: 41.5
    R bicep: 12.5
    R thigh: 24

Not sure about my weight. Last Wednesday was my lowest at 186.4. Today is 191 after a little weekend overindulgence and upping my calories. I was netting at least 1500 for a couple weeks before starting this. Hope to have a success story for you by one month. :)
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Start Measurements:
    Weight: 272
    Neck: 16
    Bust: 51
    Waist: 45
    Belly button: 49.5
    Hips: 54
    R. Bicep: 15.5
    R. Thigh: 29
    R. Calf: 18.5

Week 1 Results:
    Weight: ? <- not gonna weigh until May 1
    Neck: 16
    Bust: 50.5 (-0.5)
    Waist: 44 (-1.0)
    Belly button: 49 (-0.5)
    Hips: 53 (-1.0)
    R. Bicep: 16.5 (+1.0)
    R. Thigh: 28 (-1.0)
    R. Calf: 18.5 (0)

Overall 3 inches gone! :)

So, over the last week I lost more inches than I did in ALL OF MARCH (one inch). Interesting. Even if I measured at a different spot (like on my thigh) i would have had to move the tape much higher up into jiggly thigh region (almost to my groin area) to get the 29 again, and nowhere around my hips measured 54, so I know something's moving! Impressive because TOM is due tomorrow and I *feel* the water retention happening. I can barely get my wedding rings off.
  • sonyachan
    Options
    Sure! Ok, took measurements today.

Chest: 39
    Waist: 37.75
    Hips: 41.5
    R bicep: 12.5
    R thigh: 24

Not sure about my weight. Last Wednesday was my lowest at 186.4. Today is 191 after a little weekend overindulgence and upping my calories. I was netting at least 1500 for a couple weeks before starting this. Hope to have a success story for you by one month. :)
    So a couple weeks later and measurements are much the same. R bicep is 12.25, R thigh is 23. Weight is back down to 186. My body fat % went up this week from 35.2 to 35.6....Not sure why....maybe due to less cardio (running)? But my strength training is way more intense. Anyway, I feel like I'm getting the hang of this and I'm just working on fine tuning my macros and calories. Going to pick up my running just a tiny bit this week and see what happens.
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I'll post the specifics later, but since starting March 11, I've lost 5 inches overall! I'm eating between 1800-2100, depending on how hungry wts make me!