Exercise routines

Options
jamboree1006
jamboree1006 Posts: 16 Member
What exercise routine do you have that works for you? I have absolutely none. Every day I say, "today I'm going to do this." And then I don't. I have a stash of zumba CDs, P90X CDs, and a few others tucked under my DVD player and living room TV. Today I started P90X. I nearly fainted after 25 minutes of mediocre exercise. How about anyone else? I need a sense of accountability. Anyone out there up for the challenge? Instead of a study buddy, I need a loser buddy...
jam

Replies

• Demarie68
    Demarie68 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Jam! YES, I'm totally up for the challenge! It's so hard for me to stay motivated to workout and I have to limit what activities I can do because of a few health issues. I would like to workout 4-5 times a week. I just started doing Kelly Coffeys START HERE DVD (the strength training part, 30 minutes) and then 30 minutes on the treadmill the goal being Monday, Wednesday and Friday and then just cardio on Tuesday and Thursday. I love yoga but I'm not able to practice it at this time. Hopefully, we can encourage each other to stay on a routine!
    De
  • kramerhaus6
    kramerhaus6 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain...just started MFP and easing into it by trying to keep track of my eating habits, but just like you i have yet to begin an "exercise program". i have done some limited yoga before bed, but that about it! I I have all the same workout DVD's as you but they have collected enough dust now it would be an exercise just to lift them!! I also have a REALLY bad knee and it is difficult to do some of the exercise....:( I need to get motivated cause even tho I am starting to lose some weight, it is just water weight and I am not losing any inches! hopefully we can help each other to get moving!!:wink:
  • tatebos
    tatebos Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Strangest thing happened when I moved. We lived in the same community for 14 years while we were raising our kids. We had a beautiful rec center that we belonged to and my kids went there all of the time to play and work out. I tried going but I would always run into people that I knew and I felt funny exercising in front of people I knew. Especially because I was unfamiliar with the equipment and was worried about feeling foolish, so I ended up dropping them off and picking them up. When we moved my kids got a two week membership to a gym near us while they were home from college for their holiday break. After they went back to school my husband and I decided to check it out. It is a great gym and actually quite affordable. We joined the first week of January and I go at least 6 days a week. I don't even know half the time what I am going to do when I get there, but I just walk in and pick something and since I don't know anybody I don't worry about making a fool of myself. My weight loss seems to have leveled off recently so I decided to try out some of the classes that they offer. Many of my friends have asked me how I have lost weight and I give a lot of credit to MFP because that has been key, but if I wasn't exercising while losing, I think I would have a lot of excess, wrinkly skin to deal with.
  • AmyinIowa29
    AmyinIowa29 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I do Pilates (the Balanced Life with Robin Long) and walking. Those are my mainstays. I like the Pilates because it's gentle enough to do daily and great for lengthening and toning and the workouts are all 30 min or less, and the walking is great because I like to be outdoors.