Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

QUESTIONS & PROBLEMS only (please)

This thread is to be used ONLY if you are having an issue or a problem with something related to our 13 Week Slender & Sexy by Summertime Challenge.

Briefly post your question or issue here and one of the team captains will get back to you as soon as we can. Once this thread gets going, you might also want to take a few minutes to read some of the questions and issues - to see if your problem has already been addressed.

THE BLOG is only for viewing what this week's exercise challenges are. You CANNOT leave a comment on the BLOG. At the top of the BLOG just underneath the large title SLENDER & SEXY BY SUMMERTIME CHALLENGE you will se 4 tabs.
HOME / ENTHUSIASTS / CHALLENGERS / OLYMPIANS . These correspond to the different levels of exercise challenges that you all signed up for in the beginning of this challenge. Click on whichever tab for YOUR group.

Here is the link for the blog: http://www.sexybysummertime.blogspot.com

THE GOOGLE DOC SPREADSHEETS are for you to post your points each day. Each person will post their own information to the google docs spreadsheet. On the far left hand column of the google doc spreadsheet, if you hover your mouse over each item, a pop up box will appear with a little "cheat sheet" to remind you of what goes in that box. There will be a new TAB on the google docs spreadsheet for each week of this challenge, as well as a separate TAB for weigh ins. Please do not type in any of the colored areas of the spreadsheet - those usually contain formulas and if you do, you will delete the formula. Please ask a team captain if you do not understand how to complete the spreadsheet.

Depending on which "team" you are on, see the different links below. Please be sure to use YOUR TEAMS google spreadsheet.

TEAM AMAZING_GRACE:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuNcw4U_pKc-dGV0QkxhdVA3SEFmTGlaajR4MkN5V0E#gid=26

TEAM THEGREATYAYA:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuNcw4U_pKc-dGpvbnVlSHMyRVllMWFtdlA0WkVGVWc#gid=3

TEAM TESSANHARRIS:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuNcw4U_pKc-dGRaTm5OWExxdUNWLUhKVUZDbFpwVkE#gid=5

There will be a new weekly thread here on the MFP group for you to post and to encourage the others in the challenges. Be sure that you are posting to the correct week #'s thread.

Replies

• Jem97
    Jem97 Posts: 53 Member
    Do the total calories burned & minutes working out count for points at the end, or are they more just goals?
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    I know earlier you said you can "work ahead" on exercise or catch up later if needed.
    Can I enter what I did today for tomorrow, since I don't use Sunday as my rest day and today was April 1? :)

EDIT: Never mind. I just saw the answer on the other thread. I will log the miles I walked and ran today for tomorrow, and going forward only log miles on the day I walk/run them. Thanks!
  • Do the total calories burned & minutes working out count for points at the end, or are they more just goals?

No. The points aren't really calculated on that because everybody is working on different "levels" of challenges. Everyone that completes their challenges gets 5 points. That way it is a little more "even" for everybody involved. At the end of the challenge, people that finish their walking challenges will get extra points for that as well.

You will also get points each week for each pound that you lose.... so hopefully that helps. The calorie goal and minutes exercised are just "goals" that we are shooting for each day/week.
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    I was wondering if we were going to have team discussion boards
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Before i start - how do you suggest logging the challenge exercises? Calisthenics? Circuit training?
  • TheGreatYaYa
    TheGreatYaYa Posts: 215 Member
    Before i start - how do you suggest logging the challenge exercises? Calisthenics? Circuit training?

log them as calisthenics
  • I was wondering if we were going to have team discussion boards

Yes. I think that is a good idea... otherwise WEEK #1 thread is going to be out of control with almost 60 people commenting on it. I"m getting those up right now.
  • tbhoover
    Another question...is there a place to enter each days minutes exercised and calories burned to keep a running tab on the burn to reach our goal? I didnt see anything on the spreadsheet and wasnt sure if we are just keeping up with this on our own
  • onefitsurvivor
    onefitsurvivor Posts: 108 Member
    Question: What classifies as drinking "water"? I typically only log water if I drink plain water or decaf tea/coffee. I do not log a bottle of water with a packet of Crystal Light. What does everyone else do? :drinker:
  • Another question...is there a place to enter each days minutes exercised and calories burned to keep a running tab on the burn to reach our goal? I didnt see anything on the spreadsheet and wasnt sure if we are just keeping up with this on our own

Your exercise diary page of MFP will keep track of your total calories burned I believe for the day and the week. Other than that you will each keep track of it on your own - there isn't a place on the spreadsheet for it.
  • Question: What classifies as drinking "water"? I typically only log water if I drink plain water or decaf tea/coffee. I do not log a bottle of water with a packet of Crystal Light. What does everyone else do? :drinker:

I usually consider water to be water - with 0 calories. I know that a lot of people can't drink that much "plain water" so the crystal light packet is probably ok. I would only count tea or coffee if they have 0 calories - but that's just me.
  • tbhoover
    Another question...is there a place to enter each days minutes exercised and calories burned to keep a running tab on the burn to reach our goal? I didnt see anything on the spreadsheet and wasnt sure if we are just keeping up with this on our own

Your exercise diary page of MFP will keep track of your total calories burned I believe for the day and the week. Other than that you will each keep track of it on your own - there isn't a place on the spreadsheet for it.

Good deal.

"32,500 calories burned (this averages out to 500 calories a day, 5 days a week)
    1,950 minutes exercised (this averages out to 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week) "

I just didnt know if we were having accountability on this portion of the challenge
  • shapestocome
    shapestocome Posts: 399 Member

Good deal.

"32,500 calories burned (this averages out to 500 calories a day, 5 days a week)
    1,950 minutes exercised (this averages out to 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week) "

I just didnt know if we were having accountability on this portion of the challenge

I was going to keep track of that in the daily stats that we post at the end of the day and just subtract from the total so I can keep track easily -- I hope that is okay.
  • lturner8
    lturner8 Posts: 63 Member
    Is it too late to join? I weighed myself this morning and am already tracking food/water. I really need the motivation, but if it's too much hassle I understand. Thanks!

Logan
  • nu2012
    nu2012 Posts: 562 Member
    The walking challenges, does it include the walking we do in the day? To and fro from work etc?
  • Another question...is there a place to enter each days minutes exercised and calories burned to keep a running tab on the burn to reach our goal? I didnt see anything on the spreadsheet and wasnt sure if we are just keeping up with this on our own

Good deal.

I was going to keep track of that in the daily stats that we post at the end of the day and just subtract from the total so I can keep track easily -- I hope that is okay.

That's fine.
  • The walking challenges, does it include the walking we do in the day? To and fro from work etc?

YES!! As long as you can keep track of your "mileage". It is a challenge of miles - so you always need to keep track of how many miles you walk, or jog, or run, or bicycle, or roller skate, or ...... :wink: well, you get the idea.....
  • Because some people actually started this challenge yesterday - I went ahead and changed the "week" on the google docs to be from Sunday - Saturday instead of from Monday - Sunday.

I'm sorry I didn't think about that when I set it up. The exercises are set up to be 6 days worth of exercising - and most people take sunday as a rest day.... so feel free to enter the points for Sunday if you did drink water (points for 8+ and 12+), and if you did come in under your calorie goal.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    I didn't get all my info logged in one place until today. Am I still allowed to be part of the challenge?

14877786.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • shapestocome
    shapestocome Posts: 399 Member
    Because some people actually started this challenge yesterday - I went ahead and changed the "week" on the google docs to be from Sunday - Saturday instead of from Monday - Sunday.

I'm sorry I didn't think about that when I set it up. The exercises are set up to be 6 days worth of exercising - and most people take sunday as a rest day.... so feel free to enter the points for Sunday if you did drink water (points for 8+ and 12+), and if you did come in under your calorie goal.

Hi Teresa -- I just wanted to let you know that Sunday isn't calculating in the total at the bottom of the spreadsheet.
    Dorie