Season 2 premier.. POTENTIAL SPOILERS

DarthCeltic
DarthCeltic Posts: 1,236 Member
if you have yet to see it and you get offended about people talking about shows before you see it.. stop.. turn away.. dont look now..

so.. what did you think?

Replies

• Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    I like when Joffrey gets smacked.
  • DarthCeltic
    I like when Joffrey gets smacked.

jovi!!

how are you?

and yes i did as well.. but i liked cersei's reaction when tyrion handed the letter to varys and he read that he was the new hand.. hahaha
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,576 Member
    Tyrion was gold as always. Joffrey crying out "Why are you here!?!"
  • Jovialation
    Im swell!

I basically like anything that makes Cersei or Joffrey angry or weak.

I also like dragons and Jon Snow.
  • DarthCeltic
    Im swell!

I basically like anything that makes Cersei or Joffrey angry or weak.

I also like dragons and Jon Snow.

i hate joff.. i love cersei.. not her talking or doing anything.. just looking at her.. sorry.. im male.. what can i say..
  • doorki
    I want Joff to go away. He is too cartoon evil.
  • DarthCeltic

i agree.. he is too made up.. all of these characters are real.. but i keep imagining him with a dark mustache and saying "heha.. " like a bad guy.. it would further the story if he had a redeeming quality..
  • Jovialation
    i hate joff.. i love cersei.. not her talking or doing anything.. just looking at her.. sorry.. im male.. what can i say..
    Why do you think I like Jon?
  • doorki

i agree.. he is too made up.. all of these characters are real.. but i keep imagining him with a dark mustache and saying "heha.. " like a bad guy.. it would further the story if he had a redeeming quality..

true, but I think his purpose is to show how catastrophic it would be for Cersei to be in charge of anything.
  • DarthCeltic

true, but I think his purpose is to show how catastrophic it would be for Cersei to be in charge of anything.

thats just it though.. cersei is an idiot.. and totally able to be played..
  • Jovialation
    my bf had forgotten all about the *kitten* that Ned knew about...thats with Aria right now.
    o.0

WHAT AN ENDING, BTW.
    KILL ALL THE *kitten*.
    nice.
  • DarthCeltic
    my bf had forgotten all about the *kitten* that Ned knew about...thats with Aria right now.
    o.0

WHAT AN ENDING, BTW.
    KILL ALL THE *kitten*.
    nice.

agreed.. and the fact that ros was the madam.. hahaha
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    It was awesome! Must watch again! I can hardly recall specifics from last night though. Feeling mildly hungover today. Maybe the two are connected?

I'm really trying to turn off the "compare the show to the book" switch so that i can enjoy the show more.

Classic Dontos: vomiting wine all over the place.
  • DarthCeltic
    It was awesome! Must watch again! I can hardly recall specifics from last night though. Feeling mildly hungover today. Maybe the two are connected?

I'm really trying to turn off the "compare the show to the book" switch so that i can enjoy the show more.

Classic Dontos: vomiting wine all over the place.

it was classic.. but i hated he wasnt naked.. i know that sounds wierd.. but i wanted to see a bumbling drunk naked knight.. and was disappointed i got a bumbling drunk dontos..
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Liked the episode, didn't love it. I am looking forward to seeing Brienne and maybe Jaqen H'ghar, next week.
  • DarthCeltic
    Liked the episode, didn't love it. I am looking forward to seeing Brienne and maybe Jaqen H'ghar, next week.

me too! i was sad that brienne wasnt in this.. but renly looks like a boss with that crown..
  • cmbarnes
    cmbarnes Posts: 46
    I loved it! For me, the best scenes were (1) the one with Littlefinger and Cersei, each trying to intimidate the other and (2) the one with Jon and Jaime.

Also everything with Tyrion! :heart:
  • DanOhh
    I am not sure why they had Maester Cressen drink the poison wine before Melisandre?
  • DarthCeltic
    I am not sure why they had Maester Cressen drink the poison wine before Melisandre?

that happened that way in the book.. he did it and as he dies was confused as to why she wasnt as well.. it shows that mel owns..
  • DanOhh

that happened that way in the book.. he did it and as he dies was confused as to why she wasnt as well.. it shows that mel owns..

It didn't happen that way in the book. Yes, he did die from the poison but she drank about half the glass before he had any. If I'm wrong, I apologize, (I don't have the book at work w/me) so I can't double check.
  • DanOhh
    So I'm not just being Mr. Negative. I'm liking the actor who's playing Rob, doing a great job w/growing his character. And even though Joffrey is the biggest *kitten* there ever was, the actor who's portraying him is great. Finally, Dinklege commands the screen in all of his scenes.
  • DarthCeltic

It didn't happen that way in the book. Yes, he did die from the poison but she drank about half the glass before he had any. If I'm wrong, I apologize, (I don't have the book at work w/me) so I can't double check.

im pretty sure its the way i remember it.. i will check when i get home.. i may be wrong.. but i distinctly remember thinking he drank it first because he knew she wouldnt drink it until he did.. and he knew he poisioned it.. so he knew he was going to die.. thats sad..

thats what i remember..
  • DarthCeltic
    So I'm not just being Mr. Negative. I'm liking the actor who's playing Rob, doing a great job w/growing his character. And even though Joffrey is the biggest *kitten* there ever was, the actor who's portraying him is great. Finally, Dinklege commands the screen in all of his scenes.

i agree rob is very tough and seems to be really smart with all of his choices.. it makes me think twice though that he would fall for the wedding..
  • DanOhh
    cmt-medium.gif
    cmt-medium.gif
  • doorki
    I love that second gif lol
  • Banannafish512
    Banannafish512 Posts: 87 Member
    The North Remembers! Such an epic title for such a not as kickass episode. It seemed very much as it was setting the scene of what was to come. I liked the Robb and Catelyn scenes as well as Robb with the direwolf intimidating Jaime. One thing I was confused about, did it actually happen? Or was Jaime dreaming it?

The killing of the *kitten* was pretty awful, especially the baby One thing I was surprised about was that Joffrey knew about the rumours surrounding his parentage. Wasn't he left in the dark (on Cersei's orders), until some prisoner insults him in person? One of Stannis' men I think ?

i also wanted Dontos to be naked! And more drunk! It seemed more comical in the book when some drunk guy is running after a horse with his pants down, and then decides the horse is too fast and sits down to have another drink.

I feel as Ros is going to be replacing both roles of Alayaya and Chataya in the books. Which is too bad because they're both described as being dark-skinned. C'mon HBO, let's not make everyone white! I will be furious if Dorne is white-washed >:o
  • DanOhh
    The recasting of 'The Mountain That Rides', Ian Whyte
    tumblr_m1v8svjWMj1r9h4heo1_400.jpg

First look at Roose
    tumblr_m1v7mplIUz1r9h4heo1_400.jpg
    This is good casting for Lord Bolton
  • Jovialation
    cmt-medium.gif
    cmt-medium.gif
    YES
  • DarthCeltic
    cmt-medium.gif
    cmt-medium.gif
    YES

i love this!!!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Is it Sunday yet!?!?!?!

I loved the first episode. I'm glad they got Liam Cunningham to play Davos.. I don't know who the actor playing Stannis is.. but his face doesn't look familiar to me.