Online Dating Etiquette...

Options
If a woman posts "no fatties" or indicates she wants someone in shape who can keep up with her... is it wrong to ask her what her 15k time is? And tell her that she looks skinny fat and I could run her into the ground? I mean really, it's only fair. lol

Replies

• Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    If a woman posts "no fatties" or indicates she wants someone in shape who can keep up with her... is it wrong to ask her what her 15k time is? And tell her that she looks skinny fat and I could run her into the ground? I mean really, it's only fair. lol

haha, that is funny :)
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I've done a bit of bashing on POF... It helps with the nerves sometimes. I must say I'm always amazed at what people can come up with. Treat yourself! :bigsmile: (you'll end up ignored but eh... who cares!)
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Bullies!

I can't believe someone would put "no fatties". Wth?
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Bullies!

Oh I have seen the no fatties thing before. I sometimes want to say "If I can break you over my knee please do not message me"
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Look at it this way: online dating would be easier if the idiots, rude people, and general losers would self-identify. So I would view a person who says "no fatties" the same way I would someone with horrific spelling/grammar, someone who types like an 11-year-old on a cell phone, etc. ... as people not to be taken seriously. They're doing you a favor, really.

That said, I completely understand not wanting to date someone who isn't interested in fitness if you are someone who spends a lot of time on your health and appearance. "No fatties" is definitely jumping into the shallow end of that pool, however.
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    It's pretty funny actually. I look at all them and think, ok they're decent looking, but completely soft and would not be able to keep up anyway. I'm tempted to try to woo them just to take them hiking with me and see how they feel after 8-10 miles. lol
  • ItsCasey
    Options
    It's pretty funny actually. I look at all them and think, ok they're decent looking, but completely soft and would not be able to keep up anyway. I'm tempted to try to woo them just to take them hiking with me and see how they feel after 8-10 miles. lol

Yeah, I also laugh at people who spend half an hour on an elliptical once or twice a week and call themselves "fit." Let's hand you a kettlebell that's half your bodyweight and see you do a Turkish get-up with it. Then we'll talk about how fit you are.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    That is just plain mean. I don't know where people get off thinking they are so much better than someone else.

I say, teach them a lesson. :)
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

I saw go for it. Thats as bad as the guy I saw that said no single moms. Because apparently we don't deserve to be happy too.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I saw go for it. Thats as bad as the guy I saw that said no single moms. Because apparently we don't deserve to be happy too.
    Oh, personally I can give single mums happiness... for one night only! :laugh: More than that, I'm just too stoopid and irresponsible anyway.
  • shamrck44
    shamrck44 Posts: 91
    Options
    Yeah, I also laugh at people who spend half an hour on an elliptical once or twice a week and call themselves "fit." Let's hand you a kettlebell that's half your bodyweight and see you do a Turkish get-up with it. Then we'll talk about how fit you are.
    [/quote]

Oh Turkish Getups are the devil! I can barely manage with 8kg KB.
  • ItsCasey
    Options
    I don't put "no single moms" in the same category as "no fatties." There are highly legitimate reasons why a man or woman may not want to date a single parent. Like it or not, it complicates things. I don't have kids, so I can't speak from personal experience, but I think I'd rather a man be upfront about that than wait until I'm emotionally invested to decide he can't be in a serious relationship with me over something he knew about from the beginning.

"No fatties" ... well, there are legitimate reasons why a person wouldn't want to date someone who is overweight (physical attraction, common values, et al), but terming it that way ... there's really no excuse for that.
  • ItsCasey
    Options
    Oh Turkish Getups are the devil! I can barely manage with 8kg KB.

I love them. Get-ups and snatches are my favorite KB lifts. I couldn't do get-ups with weight when I first started, but 24 kg is my current 1RM. It took me 6 months to build up to that, and I'm pretty proud of it because it is close to half my bodyweight, and I know several grown men who won't even try it. Proof that it's not the size of the dog in the fight, I suppose.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    That said, I completely understand not wanting to date someone who isn't interested in fitness if you are someone who spends a lot of time on your health and appearance. "No fatties" is definitely jumping into the shallow end of that pool, however.

So what's the right way to say this? I like 'em "big and tall" but not weak and unable to keep up. I'm a bit larger, myself, so I would never write "no fatties," but maybe something like "must enjoy outdoor activities...?" What do you think?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

yes
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Bullies!

It's the same thing as when a guy puts "must be height/weight proportionate." Just a supposedly nicer way of putting it.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    The only thing I've seen regarding weight was something along the lines of "no overweight chicks" and I thought THAT was offensive! Jeez.
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options

yes

So wait, it is wrong to ask her 15k time and all that stuff?
  • kali2785
    kali2785 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's wrong, ask away!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    sorry its NOT wrong!!!

also- i dont think that putting your weight/height preferences is evil. If you know your sexual prefrences, then hey! it helps ahead of time!!!!