My first hike of the season!

Options
lildevil968
lildevil968 Posts: 152 Member
Yesterday my family and I went on our first hike of the season! It was a 3 mile hike up to the Crags, and my kids loved it. My little guy who will be 2 in a few weeks walked almost half way before we started really going up hill, and had to be put in the back pack....Great weather+ great hike= Awesome!

Replies

• Miss_Hiker_Pants
    Miss_Hiker_Pants Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    That is so neat that you can take your kids. Mine are all grown, and don't want to go anymore.
  • BanjoKd
    BanjoKd Posts: 150
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • katysmelly
    katysmelly Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I love that you can carry the little guy on your back!
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I love that hike. My parents used to take me hiking a lot when I was little. I have been doing it my whole life. Now, I am an avid hiker. It is my favorite activity. Also, I am 27 years old and my Dad is 62, and we still go backpacking and hiking together on a regular basis. Kudos to you on getting those kids started young! :happy:
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    That's great! My daughter is finally at the age where we can take a decent, more difficult hike. I am even thinking of taking her backpacking this summer. I want her to have good outdoorsy memories so she can pass them to her kids as well.

@Joni- my dad and I love to hike together too and we are going to do our first backpacking trip together this summer. I really excited about camping this summer!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    hiking season is nearly over here .... its getting hot and the snakes are coming out :(
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I just did my first hike yesterday!:drinker: