90 days and me

Options
Wouga
Wouga Posts: 145 Member
I'm not a blogger, but I really would like to have some semblance of a record of this journey. So, I'm hoping ya'll don't mind me blathering on about my JMBR workouts, and how much they may or may not be killing me, on this thread. I welcome any and all comments, insights, motivational cues, whatever ya want to throw at me.

Today is day one of the kickstart plan for me! I did the cardio workouts a few days last week, but wanted to wait til today (Monday) to jump head first into the whole plan. So far so good. The workout wasn't as bad as I anticipated it being; though it's been a half hour since I finished it and my breathing is yet to get back to normal. Not entirely certain I'm looking forward to doing cardio later today; but I've been in the habit of doing a morning workout combined with an afternoon hike; so hopefully it's not too bad.

My goal is to lose 60lbs (not necessarily in the next 90 days, though I wouldn't mind if it works out that way). I had a serious knee injury just over a year and a half ago (tore my ACL and damaged my meniscus) which has left me less then able to handle a good workout. But my knee is stronger now, and I'm ready to get the pounds a year and half of primarily sedentary life has added to me off!

Replies

• Wouga
    Options
    Day 2 is starting off well. Except for the fact that I can't stand the food. Which says a lot, because I'm one of those weirdos that will eat things whether I like them or not. Not that I just compulsively eat, but I tend to eat what's good for me even if I don't like it...but the lack of flavor or overabundance of strong ingredients (such as onion) in some of these kickstart meals is killing me! But it's only a week, hopefully the meals get better next week or I'm gonna have to throw up the white flag to this meal plan and go back to my own low cal cooking.

Hope all the rest of you doing this plan are still going strong! Would love to hear from some of you, but I'll continue to talk to myself if I don't. :)
  • Wouga
    Options
    Day 5! Almost to the end of this kickstart thing!!! I can't begin to express how happy I'll be to see this week pass, mostly because of the food. I keep checking the mirror to be sure I don't have rabbit ears forming under my hair. However, I took a peek at the scale this morning (I know, I know, I shouldn't weigh more then once a week, and my weigh days are Monday...but I did) and I'm down 5 lbs since Monday morning already!!! So, I guess there's my motivation to keep eating my rabbit food...only three more days of it, I can do that!!!
  • Wouga
    Options
    Kickstart week is finally OVER!!!! Can't wait to start my actual 90 days (technically, it already has started, as this would be day 1). I did lose 6 lbs in the kickstart, and the difference in my overall appearance is rather drastic from 2 weeks ago until now. If I can change that much in 2 weeks I can't wait to see what 90 days does for me.
  • StellaGurl
    Options
    Good job! I'm on day 1 of the kickstart plan and feel like I'm starving :sad: I know it's mind over matter and I'll make it! Not excited about the food yet either and from what Im reading the greek yogurt is the worst. I have cardio left to do still today and plan on making the turkey burgers for dinner.

Keep up the good work ... I'm a week behind you and it's nice to see what others post to kind of prepare myself of what's to come.
  • Wouga
    Options
    My husband and I actually found the turkey burger meal to be pretty good. The Greek yogurt was impossible to handle the way Jillian asked us to, so I added a little cheat and tossed some splenda in it. Plain Greek yogurt was like eating mud! 0.o Aside from that, the only other meals I had horrible issues with were the LEO thing (first thing in the morning is no time for spinach and smoked salmon as far as I'm concerned), and the chef salad (I couldn't stomach the tuna in it). Otherwise I made it through alright. Have never been so happy to be able to eat "real food" again, and I'm looking forward to the rest of this journey. Good luck with your kickstart, would love to hear what your results are!
  • Wouga
    Options
    Today is the start of week 2! Though the scale told me this morning that I've now gained 3lbs since last week, the tape measure tells me I've lost 5.5 inches in the last 10 days. And a total of 15.25 inches since I started this Jillian madness. I say madness, but in reality I am loving the workouts. I have more energy, and actually WANT to get up and go do things. Can't wait for week 2 to be over so I can move on to the new workouts and see what those have in store for me. Hope everyone else is enjoying seeing some positive changes as well!
  • Wouga
    Options
    I start week 3 today, I'm kinda excited to do a new workout. So far I'm down 7lbs since the start of the kickstart week. Can't wait to see what the end of phase 1 brings!
  • StellaGurl
    Options
    NICE... 7 lbs!! Great job so far :flowerforyou: I weigh in on Tuesday. I didn't make it through week 1 so I had to start over last week. I just can't seem to follow the food for the kick start week so I'm doing my own thing for 1200 calories a day. Starting week 2 of the exercise now and I'm liking it so far. I've been doing my own cardio with group classes at the gym and that's been working for me. Good luck to you on week 3!
  • Wouga
    Options
    The kickstart food is a BEAR to follow. I do my own food now, but I keep my calories at 12-1400. I have one of Jillians early books (winning by losing) and in there she says it's good to vary your calories every day, and strive to hit a weekly calorie goal; so that's what I aim for. It keeps me happier and makes me feel better if I have a "bad" day. Good job sticking with it thus far, I do my own cardio on Saturdays. I'll warn you after this mornings workout (disk 3) for the first time, she isn't playing around...I was shaking and afraid to go shower for fear of slipping to my death on my unsteady limbs! LOL