Sugar

Options
ShanaGore
ShanaGore Posts: 58 Member
What does everyone do about sugar? Do you cut it out completely? use a substitute? use in moderation? It seems like the more I research, the more conflicting information I find. My biggest challenge is with my morning coffee. I really like to have just a little sweetness to my coffee. I had thought I was doing a good thing by using sweet n low and I was perfectly happy with the taste. But the more I read, the more it seems sweet n low is bad for me and not helping anything. I had read that using Stevia was better, as it is derived from sugar or something like that. I have tried that for a few days, but I am not liking the taste, and I am not really even sure if it is any better for me then sugar or sweet n low. So I am not back to using a little regular sugar in my coffee each morning. What does everyone else know about which is most healthy for us?

Replies

• warrior_hero
    warrior_hero Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I try to cut it out...but if i have it its limited and comes from fruit
  • Chan1028
    Chan1028 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've always heard that a little sugar is better than a lot of the artificial substitutes. Right now I'm eliminating sugar from my diet, but I do have some flavored creamer in my coffee each morning....that's non-negotiable! :laugh:
  • Felo262
    Felo262 Posts: 5
    Options
    The history of my weight loss success has always been when I cut out suger,substitute with fruit and lower carbs and increase protein and work out. I am putting myself in the frame of mind that suger is bad for me.