Sweet Treats

Options
k0nfyo0zed
k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
I know they are not how one should go about getting a big chunk of calories for the day, but would it be completely awful if I had a bowl of ice cream or a slice of pie with my husband after dinner sometimes? I've been so jealous that he eats these things all the time and I just get to watch, because by the time he'd be eating them I'd only have like 80 calories left for the day. I have upped my calories to what the calcs say to do, and ended up with 2657. That is a LOT of food when using the good-for-you stuff, and I am wondering if the sweets occasionally would throw things off? I am not one to start binging on sugar after I've had some, but I've seriously been jonesing for a slice of lemon meringue pie.

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I have a pudding, ice cream, chocolate mini every day- I pick one (and sometimes two. helooo PMS lol). Hasn't stopped my weight loss yet.

Yeah- obviously don't make dinner a five foot tall bar of choccie but pfft. If I can't have pudding- I ain't going to last long on this ride! :D
  • Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    The occassional treat isn't going to derail us. I had a couple of blueberry muffins with dinner, and I still need at least 400 more calories before bed!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Remember the starvation diet is OVER! :-)

I enjoy snacks, but I make sure they fit within my macronutrient ratios. If you overindulge in anything, it isn't good, but to abstain completely leads to binges especially when you are on too restrictive a diet. I find eating way more calories, I don't tend to eat as many desserts as I used to. Now, I know when I feel like it, I sure can indulge. I think just knowing that allows me the peace of mind to know that I can have it another time if I am too full right now.
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    If it fits in my macros, and I want it...I eat it. I have chocolate pretty much every day. Like Lucia mentioned, I really have no desire to binge on anything, because I'm "allowed" to have everything. I eat mostly healthy because it's my preference. But I enjoy all things in moderation, especially a sweet treat w/DH now and again when DS has gone to bed ;)
    I mean, we're obviously not saying go eat 2000 cals of Krispy Kreme, but...

Yes, you can have your life back :)

~Kiki
  • k0nfyo0zed
    Options
    i was under on my carbs today, but i was over on sugar (by over i mean more than double the number it gives me).... but with the exception of a lighter lemon bar i made, and some bbq sauce, most of my sugar was from fruit. i eat a LOT of fruit. do sugar sources matter, or should i not eat as much fruit?
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    i was under on my carbs today, but i was over on sugar (by over i mean more than double the number it gives me).... but with the exception of a lighter lemon bar i made, and some bbq sauce, most of my sugar was from fruit. i eat a LOT of fruit. do sugar sources matter, or should i not eat as much fruit?

I don't track my sugar...I am never going to give up my fruits which is where most of mine come from as well. I track carbs and that is it.
  • k0nfyo0zed
    Options
    That is good to hear, thank you! I typically eat a banana in the morning with breakfast, and again at night after my workout to help with the cramps I get in my legs sometimes after a hard workout. In my house right now I have: bananas, oranges, apples, grapes, strawberries and blueberries. I dip into each of them at least once a day, usually. I also like to drink 100% pure orange juice in the morning, it seems to give me more energy than anything with caffeine. (I have an equal number of fresh veggies hanging out too: eggplant, zucchini, avocado, spaghetti squash, spinach, green pepper, onions, celery, and baby carrots - frozen I have peas, green beans, broccoli, corn, and several stir fry mixes)
  • jassyjan1
    jassyjan1 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I don't know how people can give up fruit. I eat fruit every day. I'm in agreement I would never give it up. Plus you burn it off faster than processed sugars.