Clean eating

Do you focus on cals or nutrients? I am so into nutrient dense foods and ban empty cals

Replies

• redhead5925
    redhead5925 Posts: 5 Member
    Hmmmm.....maybe that's why I'm having so much trouble. I don't eat junk BUT I do enjoy a glass of wine and if my calories are low for the day, dessert. Maybe I'm on the wrong path. What does your day look like food-wise?
    Thanks
  • joy31021
    joy31021 Posts: 216
    Ok maybe kind of a hypocrite here! My food is very nutritious but I do like my vodka. No dessert in years. Focus on fruits,vegs,whole grain,seeds.
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    We try to eat as little processed food as possible. I love to cook and have been interested in what's in our food for a long time. I find it much easier to keep the sodium down by avoiding packaged food and restaurants. Having said that, we are not fanatical about it, don't worry about it too much when travelling, and are not willing to give up our red wine. In my view, life's too short!
  • Cyndi62
    Cyndi62 Posts: 106 Member
    LOL. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who enjoys a glass of 'something' here and there.

I too am pretty good about nutrition. Whole grains, fresh veg, lots of water etc.
    Nothing too fanatical. Checking labels for added oils and salts.

All good things in MODERATION :happy:
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    I have stopped eating wheat, processed and packaged foods and try to eat fresh veggies, fruit and lean meats, poultry etc.

Having said that, I made an exception today when I ate a chocolate Easter bunny :)