Stage 2 Horizontal wood chop

Options
any advice for the stage 2 horizontal wood chop if I dont have a cable to use? I Dont understand the floor alternative either...Are there any videos or anything?

Replies

• DarkAngellEyes
    DarkAngellEyes Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Try doing the wood chop with a weighted medicine ball or dumbbell...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQF1jfOqFXY

(I know I posted this same suggestion to your profile, but thought the video might help explain it a little better!)
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I don't have a cable machine either, but I think when I get to stage 2 I am going to try to do it with resistance bands before trying the floor options.
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    any advice for the stage 2 horizontal wood chop if I dont have a cable to use? I Dont understand the floor alternative either...Are there any videos or anything?

Lie on your back, knees bent, feet flat on the floor.
    hold weight (I use 7 or 8kg db) in both hands, straight up in the air.
    Lower weight straight out to the floor on one side, arms straight, so your upper body will twist over. THen over to the opposite side.

Easy!
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options

Lie on your back, knees bent, feet flat on the floor.
    hold weight (I use 7 or 8kg db) in both hands, straight up in the air.
    Lower weight straight out to the floor on one side, arms straight, so your upper body will twist over. THen over to the opposite side.

Easy!
    Awesome! I'm getting ready for Stage 2 and couldn't really figure it out. Thanks so much!!!