Seven days until our first weigh in!!!

Options
Amazingday
Amazingday Posts: 682 Member
Well everyone, next Monday April 9 we will be weighing in for the first time. I think we should calculate all the loss from March 26-April 9 for our first weigh-in! Please forgive me, I am new to groups. I will keep checking more often for your new topics! It seems like everyone is really doing well and has been rejuvenated! I have been trying not to get on the scale. Even at the doctor I was thrilled they didn't make me get on. And I was really pleased when my surgeon asked me how it was going and I said I was losing, his reply was.... no kidding! That is obvious...... NSV!!!! His only warning, keep eating lots of protein so you don't lose lean muscle.While my scale stays still, I am toning! Thank goodness for that!

Since we didn't weigh in today, why don't you share a non scale victory that you had this week! Keep up the great work, this week will fly by and weigh in will be here before you know it!

Burn baby burn!

K.

Replies

• vmbourg
    vmbourg Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I had a great Sunday and really enjoyed clothes shopping with my husband. I honestly use to get depressed when trying on pants. Even after losing almost 30lbs , Sunday I kept grabbing bigger sizes in fear that I wouldn't fit into the smaller ones.... But I am nO doubt a size 10!(a number I only remembered seeing in the 150s) It felt great and my husband gave lots of compliments . I didn't leave the store feeling all flustered!
  • Amazingday
    Options
    Great NSV!!! Sometimes it's hard to see the changes. I have been heavy so long that going to the plus department is engrained in my brain. I am shooting for that size 10!!!
  • MeRoBi
    MeRoBi Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I too went clothes shopping, and grabbed the 10 since that's where I thought I was. Too big :), grabbed the 8 and still a little loose and then got the 6, it fit!! (I FIT INTO A 6!, but I still got the 8...more comfy!). The best part was, when I looked in the mirror, I didn't look like a fat girl anymore (well, with clothes on, anyway :wink: ). Now the hard part...keeping it off. THIS is where I struggle. I'm counting on you guys to keep me honest!

And K., the pie is still on the kitchen counter (I think I'm going to have to throw it away if it isn't gone tonight).

Have a wonderful week everyone. Loving that we have a "group"! K, you're awesome :smile:
  • Amazingday
    Options
    A 6! I can't believe it!!! A 6! OMG!!! You guys are killin' me!!! Okay, fine I must kick it into high gear!!!!

Again with the pie MeRoBi!!! mmmmmm pie......

:)
  • vmbourg
    vmbourg Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I can never recall being a size 6. I was always chunky. It'd be great to know what that feels like !!
  • slleeper68
    slleeper68 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Alrighty well here goes nothing, we are all of and running. I am so excited about this.I am pretty new to MFP!!! Thanks to a great friend who got me hooked. All that I have to say is KUDOS to everyone out there working hard and seeing the results!!!! ITS AWESOME!!! I have not yet been shopping not even close to being ready to do that, but I had a lot of dress pants that I called my sausage pants, because when I put them on I looked like a sausage and only had one pair of jeans that fit. Well, I am know fitting into all my sausage pants and I also just added 3 more pairs of jeans to my wardrobe, mind you these were all pants that I had but were way to tight. WOO HOO!!! I was pretty excited about that one. I look forward to the challange!!! I could use the support and love to see how other people are doing. Keep up all the hard work everyone. I know you can all do it!!! No pain no gain..... SIGH!!!!!
  • teresa1121
    teresa1121 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Tuesdays at my Tops meeting but i will give you the most accurate weight on monday but my scale always says more than what i am i should just throw it away.. But i do have the Wii board to fall back on please please please remind me as i do tend to forget .... also my nsv...... i fit back into a pair of jeans i have not worn for 2 years i have been sticking to the 30 day shred and it might be workking but when my 3 year old grandson noticed my jeans and said Mema you have new pants.. i like them.. was just priceless to me..l Good luck to everyone.. oh and one question how do i make my ticker show up on my posts here cant seem to figure that one out.. thanks again
  • MeRoBi
    Options
    The pie is gone, thanks to my husband, whew! I posted this yesterday, but thought I would add it here, because I think it's really important...

Just read a very interesting article on why it is difficult to maintain a weight loss. My friend spartangirl79 had posted a similar article in her blog. It was eye opening for me. The take home message for me is that the reason I gained the weight back (multiple times) is not because I'm a weak, willpower-less, foodaholic, but because our bodies are very skillful in getting what they think we need. The other message? Those who were most successful at keeping weight off, exercised off an average of 2700 calories a week (that's close to 400 calories a day), and without exercise, it's almost impossible to keep the weight off.

Here's the link, I found it fascinating. http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1NlHd8/:1v7ZDDyD.:bjKF._Hw/www.elle.com/Beauty/Health-Fitness/The-Healthy-Guide-to-Lasting-Weight-Loss?yXFi&src=sem&mag=elm&dom=otto&yQZi/

Together, we can do this :)
  • Amazingday
    Options
    That is really good to know about maintaining!!! So you are sayin' I can't go back to layin' around in the lap of luxury, eating bon bons?
  • MeRoBi
    Options
    You may eat bon bons as long as you're exercising WHILE you're eating them! I