BLUE TEAM WEEK 2

Options
nelbie
nelbie Posts: 33 Member
I have been having such a hard time staying on my calories and not going beyond. How do you eat right when you are traveling? Have you tried preplanning and packing your meals? I am just wondering

Replies

• MNJ2921
    MNJ2921 Posts: 63
    Options
    I have been having such a hard time staying on my calories and not going beyond. How do you eat right when you are traveling? Have you tried preplanning and packing your meals? I am just wondering

I find it very difficult to stay on track when traveling – especially for business. Try sticking with fresh veggies/salads with no dressing and lean proteins. Most restaurants will make things as specified so feel free to ask for foods cooked in specific manners. Also, try to take gym clothes with you and try to get a workout in while at the hotel. That also helps. Best of luck and safe travels!
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I have (2) options while traveling:

(1) Just Do It :drinker: --this past weekend I went to Charleston for a race and decided prior to me leaving that I would just eat what I wanted. No rules. No "I can't have that" or anything. What I found was that I didn't really eat anything that was too bad, nor did I pig out like I thought I would.

Or

(2) Take it Easy :smokin: --when traveling for important things like work or whatever, I make a plan to have my meals and snacks mentally planned out (i.e.--scoping out the healthy, salty, crunchy snack aisle, fast food and sit down restaurants nutritional menus, stacking the mini cooler with riding snacks).

Sometimes I combine the 2. Like when i go to my mom's house, I already know that I'm going to be eating gooey, cheesy, goodness so I'll watch what I eat from morning to late afternoon and then go to town at dinner. Either way, it takes a bit of planning and prep mentally. Good luck!
  • nelbie
    nelbie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yeah i hope that i dont have to do many traveling trips... i have been taking my gym clothes but its hard for me to figure out what i need as oppose to what my (inner fat girl) wants....

I have been looking into quick meals to make ahead of time for breakfast and lunch... i havent found may places to provide good insight
  • madcap13
    madcap13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great Job Blue Team on week one challenge and weigh-in.

Congrats to MachaXO for first place overall.

GREAT JOB!!!!
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Whoop whoop! Team rank is #3, overall is #7. Hellz yea!
  • mysticdaisy78
    Options
    Unfortunately you do loose some spontaneity as far as eating out.
    But I have found that it really helps to map out the foods before getting to the restaurant. Also if you order from the children’s menu, you are getting yummy choices, just half the portion size 
    While traveling, I have starting pre measuring out my snack/treats. And BEEF JERKY is a life savor!!!
    So tasty, and so very filling!!
    Hope this helps =)
  • MNJ2921
    Options
    How are all the blue team members this week????

I've been at a plateau (within half a pound either way) for the past three to four weeks and asked friends on my wall for input. I plan to take their advice and see if I can shake things up a bit. I'm going to try to add something new to my exercise regimen and also increase my protein intake while decreasing carbs (bad ones). That means keeping the fruit/veggies and cutting out the chips/crackers. Yes, even the baked ones. This will be a challenge in of itself for me. I crave chips and crackers of all kinds. But, I gotta get through this!
  • RachelVon
    RachelVon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am personally doing better this week than last week! I'm finding it easier not to go over on my calories!
    I have been a tad sick though so I haven't got to really work out much!
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    The week started off well but went downhill on Friday. My daughter's birthday was Saturday, so between prepping for that and Easter it was crazy. I had 20 five and six year olds over making pizza, it went better than I thought but still madness.
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    :smile: Had a good week despite the easter break and extra food. Spending time kicking a soccer ball with my son over a couple of days made up for the gym workouts i missed due to public holidays - ok I think I can admit now that I'm a gym junkie..... Is there somewhere I can go to talk about this problem
  • MNJ2921
    Options
    Okay...I did half of this week's challenge this morning. How do I feel this afternoon? Ouch... Am thinking I should have spread it out a bit more.......
  • Maurice1966
    Options
    Okay...I did half of this week's challenge this morning. How do I feel this afternoon? Ouch... Am thinking I should have spread it out a bit more.......

Do it again, do it again!!
  • MNJ2921
    Options

Do it again, do it again!!

Ha! I challenged myself to do at least one of these each day for a minimum of 5 reps. So far so good.
  • Maurice1966
    Options
    I'm having a little rest day myself. My body is a little achey after 3 days of weights but I loooove it :smile:

I think I've strained a muscle or acquired a tennis elbow in one arm. Very weak can only barely lift 1/2 the weight of my right arm atm. this is most troublesome 4 days into a 12 week trransformation project.