Kettlebells from the Ground Up

Options
ItsCasey
ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
http://www.dragondoor.com/dvs017/?apid=ifs

Has anyone checked into this Dragon Door DVD set on the Turkish get-up?

I really like get-ups and feel like I have very good form, but I know there are a lot of small things that can be missed with such a complex movement, so I'm interested in learning more. But $80 is quite an investment for one exercise. Any thoughts?

Replies

• quiltbugj
    quiltbugj Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Have you searched on youtube.com? They are free and there are some good ones.
  • TheMerryPup
    TheMerryPup Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have it. Got it a couple of months ago and I think it's a great resource. It is a bit expensive but then how much would one session with a RKC cost? Plus with the DVD/workbook you can review any sticking points ad nauseum.

On the other hand you can't get any feedback from a DVD on YOUR form but eventually you'd schedule an RKC session that would go over several problem areas, (my plan), to get some critical feedback. Actually, a way to sort of get this for free is to make a video and post a link to the forums on Dragondoor.com. Many helpful guys and gals are willing to give pointers. And the price is right!:smile:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I wish I could find a greater selection of RKCs in Austin. I only found one within 25 miles of me on the Dragon Door site, and from looking at her website, I don't think RKC-style training is what she does. I know the RKC certification is not an easy one to earn, but her videos just look like aerobics while holding a 10 lb kettlebell to me. I didn't see a single proper swing, let alone a snatch or a get-up or a press. I'm thinking seriously about doing the RKC certification myself in a year or so.

I will probably go ahead and make the investment in the DVD/manual. The get-up is really important to my training, and I want to make sure I'm doing it right.
  • TheMerryPup
    TheMerryPup Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking seriously about doing the RKC certification myself in a year or so.

I will probably go ahead and make the investment in the DVD/manual. The get-up is really important to my training, and I want to make sure I'm doing it right.
    If you're going to do the RKC yourself then it's a great investment, plus it's taught in the proper RKC style with Brett Jones and Grey Cook. Great breakdown of all the steps with some great assistance drills.