Worst Conversation Killer?

Options
Curious…what is the worst thing that someone said to you in the middle of what you thought was a seemingly harmonious conversation?

We were texting back and forth a couple days ago…thought everything was fine, he was responsive, asking me questions, making funnies…then, right in the middle of it, I get this:

“less texting more pics”

Um…..excuse me? :huh: Yep, he suddenly got tired of putting a façade of talking to me and decided to cut to the chase. No. Thank. You.

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    J #3 keeps friend zoning himself by saying "What are friends for"
  • EmilyLStuart
    Options
    J#3...is this going back to you being on a dating pattern with guys names starting with J? lol

yeah...what are friends for...that sucks lol
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the third time they mention an ex-bf or ex-husband (unless kids are involved as the reason). If they're still on him, I know they're not ready for me.
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Curious…what is the worst thing that someone said to you in the middle of what you thought was a seemingly harmonious conversation?

We were texting back and forth a couple days ago…thought everything was fine, he was responsive, asking me questions, making funnies…then, right in the middle of it, I get this:

“less texting more pics”

Um…..excuse me? :huh: Yep, he suddenly got tired of putting a façade of talking to me and decided to cut to the chase. No. Thank. You.

Wow a real master of subtlety!!!
  • melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    Options
    I had this ex of mine who I adored... well, his younger brother found me on Facebook. I had not seen him in about 10 years... we were friendly texting... making conversation... catching up on old times... asked how his brother is doing. I didn't feel anything romantic toward him then or now because I was in :heart: with his brother. All of a sudden out of left field he sends me a nude pic of himself face and all. I was speechless and shocked. But I immediately had to end that reunion. I'm like did you feel this way for the last ten years and this is how you greet me. LOL Ahhhh
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    J#3...is this going back to you being on a dating pattern with guys names starting with J? lol

yeah...what are friends for...that sucks lol

Yep 3 J's in a row, Jeff, Jason and Jordan, this is not including the 3 other J's I met while in Savannah for a weekend.
  • EmilyLStuart
    Options
    I had this ex of mine who I adored... well, his younger brother found me on Facebook. I had not seen him in about 10 years... we were friendly texting... making conversation... catching up on old times... asked how his brother is doing. I didn't feel anything romantic toward him then or now because I was in :heart: with his brother. All of a sudden out of left field he sends me a nude pic of himself face and all. I was speechless and shocked. But I immediately had to end that reunion. I'm like did you feel this way for the last ten years and this is how you greet me. LOL Ahhhh

oh my yes that is teeeeeeerrible! hahaaa!

but was he hot?? :wink:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    LOL I had one guy tell me he wanted to milk me like a cow.....that is exactly what the text message said lol :grumble:
  • EmilyLStuart
    Options
    Pretty much the third time they mention an ex-bf or ex-husband (unless kids are involved as the reason). If they're still on him, I know they're not ready for me.

yup...had a daytime date a couple weeks ago and by the end of it I knew aaaalll about his "friend" who was just a friend but she liked to cook everything with cinnamon, even mashed potatoes and gravy. and she called him when she twisted her ankle, and she always depended on him to pick her up when she was feeling down. and she just loved her little dog who she named rabbit. blah blah blah. UGH no 2nd date :/
  • EmilyLStuart
    Options
    LOL I had one guy tell me he wanted to milk me like a cow.....that is exactly what the text message said lol :grumble:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO way!!! that is epic! lmao...
  • melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    Options

oh my yes that is teeeeeeerrible! hahaaa!

but was he hot?? :wink:

He was... doesn't hurt to look!
  • usedasbrandnew
    usedasbrandnew Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    And I quote, "Sorry if you get a naughty picture, sometimes my phone has a mind of its own. ;)~"

I've been texting this guy for all of 20 minutes. WTF mate? I told him to reign in his phone in because I'm young and impressionable. Never texted him again, and HE had the gall to tell me what a waste of time I was... smh.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options

yup...had a daytime date a couple weeks ago and by the end of it I knew aaaalll about his "friend" who was just a friend but she liked to cook everything with cinnamon, even mashed potatoes and gravy. and she called him when she twisted her ankle, and she always depended on him to pick her up when she was feeling down. and she just loved her little dog who she named rabbit. blah blah blah. UGH no 2nd date :/

Sounds like LA and her FL. ;-)
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

Sounds like LA and her FL. ;-)

Yeah yeah.. I don't bring up my FL on my dates though. :wink: I've never cooked for the man either. I don't treat him like a bf. He doesn't get those benefits for nothing!
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    What kind of underwear are you wearing? (Edit: This is a question I get regularly...I just realized without the explanation it sounded creepy :embarassed: )

I promise I don't do anything to encourage this sort of conversation. It just seems to happen :laugh:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I met this European guy one night while out in Houston. I LOVED his thick accent. He called me that very night and we talked for a while. I was in town (Houston) for Christmas weekend so I couldn't see him again but we kept in contact.
    He was a soccer player.. very nice body, very rugged. (I'm getting sidetracked, sorry)
    He'd call ever so often and we'd chat. We'd have flirty conversations but never nothing raunchy.

Then late one night we were talking and suddenly he said "Send me a picture so I can j*ck my d*ck off". :huh: :noway: Say whaaaaa??? I mean, a "send me a sexy pic" would have been better (still wouldn't have sent one but...). I went off on him and told him I've never given him a reason to talk to me like that and to never call me again and hung up. He stalked for about a week and gave up.

My bff said maybe because of the language barrier, he didn't know how else to say it? Yeah... NO.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    One guy took me for drinks after dinner. Everything had gone pretty perfectly up to that point. I had already had a glass of wine with the meal, and since I am not a regular drinker, I knew I shouldn't have much more at the bar. He brought me a scotch, and I sipped it very slowly as we continued tallking. Then we had the following exchange:

Him: Are you going to finish that so I can get you another one?
    Me: No, I think this is enough for me.
    Him: Yeah, you're kind of little. Do you know what I could do to you if I could get another drink in you?

Yeah, that pretty much put an end to the evening.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    And I HATE the "send me a sexy pic" crap. Do they think we're stupid? Well, I guess a lot of women have been that stupid, or they wouldn't be asking.
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I had gone out with a guy a couple of times and one night he texted me saying, "Want to know a secret?" Um, yes, yes I do! I love secrets! So then he proceeds to tell me about his back hair. Not even kidding. I'm not saying that a guy has to be silky smooth, but I think that back hair should be found on one's own, not told about it beforehand. Finally I just responded, "Why are you actively trying to c*ckblock yourself?"
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I am still wiping away the tears of laughter from the "let me milk you like a cow" That guy must get laid 2x a day at least with gems like that!