So I tried eHarmony and...

Options
Gionni
Gionni Posts: 77 Member
Its very expensive non sense... So apparently I am TOTALLY undatable and the personality test that they gave me generated nothing .. Maybe I should lower my standards and get a "fixer upper"

Replies

• j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    eHarmony sucks. It takes too long to even get to the point where you conversate. Use Match or POF.
  • CarrieAnne22
    CarrieAnne22 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Awwww, I would date you! But please don't classify me as a 'fixer upper' :laugh:
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    All dating websites are the same... not matter which one you choose.
    Its my opinion that... you never really know what you are going to get. Most people can't be honest with themselves about who they are... so, they aren't going to be honest with you about who they are. It's like they are all used car salesmen.

I know I sound jaded... but I have done them ALL... eHarmony...POF, Match, ChristianMingle.
    You see some of the same people on all of them.

Save your money... invest in yourself... do things that you enjoy- that make you happy.
    And from what I have been told... "it'll happen when you least expect it"....
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Off topic, but I hate when people say "It'll happen when you least expect it." I'm pretty sure I never leave home thinking I'm about to run into the love of my life, so it's basically a guarantee that it'll happen when I least expect it. Sort of like "You always find things in the last place you look." Of course you do because once you've found something, you stop looking for it.
  • CarrieAnne22
    CarrieAnne22 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    eHarmony sucks. It takes too long to even get to the point where you conversate. Use Match or POF.

I also recommend POF (Plenty of Fish). I like it better in general, but it's also free so at least you're just wasting time, not money, if you don't find what you're looking for.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I don't have a profile on any of these sites, but I went on POF last week and put in some search parameters. Nothing too picky, just 27-37 age range, non-smoker, and a few other basic things, just to see what kind of guys in my city were on there. It came back with THREE results. I live in Austin, for crying out loud. It's like the capital of young single people.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    A "fixer-upper" *LMFAO* I love it... Defines me perfectly, actually.

I may change my Match Headline to "Looking for a fixer-upper?"
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    All dating websites are the same... not matter which one you choose.
    Its my opinion that... you never really know what you are going to get.

lol!!! "It's like my Momma always said..." lol!!! "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get."

This is in my favorite tho' "Stupid is as stupid does." lol!!!

I'm on several sites... the only one I really use is POF... and yes, there are indeed plenty of fish, but not all fish that bite are good to keep. :P I'm still single... not for long I hope! :) Oh, and paying... think of it as old fashioned match making... they got paid only if the match was sealed in a marriage.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    You poor thing! That stinks. Did I tell you guys how my friend and I created eHarmony accounts last week? She got a lot of matches, and signed up last night. I got a couple of guys old enough to be my dad, whose profiles make it obvious why they're still single. Then yesterday, as my friend was signing up, I got an email from eHarmony that said something like, "If you'd just open up your preferences, you would get more matches."

Think I’ll keep my money, or use it to buy a new outfit (which would be wwaaaaay more helpful in meeting guys) lol!
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    Hahaha wow, that seems like a surefire way to lose customers.

The thing with dating sites is that they match people based on some sort of algorithm. I'm sorry, but I really don't think love should be reduced to mathematics.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    "Looking for a fixer-upper?"
    "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get."

^^ These are both great ideas for PoF headings. Thanks all! LOL
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should lower my standards and get a "fixer upper"
    Man, I'm *seriously* considering the same thing.

Getting a "fixer upper". Pisses me off though.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    maybe all you of you who cant find anyone to meet your standards besides a "fixer upper" should try getting with each other? :wink:
  • Gionni
    Options
    I am sooo frustrated.. I quit maybe I should start looking at dudes.. thats really my only opinion at this point
  • Gionni
    Options
    Awwww, I would date you! But please don't classify me as a 'fixer upper' :laugh:

Thanks Carrie Ann I am sure your not a "fixer upper " lol
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Mr Intensity, relax. Fixer uppers require you to accept drama, habits you detest, body/features that make you cringe. And one of you will end up hurt.

Instead, find a group activity that you enjoy and meet those girls. Church, hiking, sports, book club, anything. Get off the computer and mingle.
  • abc_life
    abc_life Posts: 28
    Options
    I am sooo frustrated.. I quit maybe I should start looking at dudes.. thats really my only opinion at this point

Hahaha they're just as bad!!! Its hard to find someone
    trust rke
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    What is a 'fixer upper'??? :embarassed:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Hahaha wow, that seems like a surefire way to lose customers.

The thing with dating sites is that they match people based on some sort of algorithm. I'm sorry, but I really don't think love should be reduced to mathematics.

^^this!! E-harmony is rubbish! I have no idea where they got their matching system from, but it didnt work for me. I was matched with all sorts of weirdo's!! :ohwell:
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    ^^this!! E-harmony is rubbish! I have no idea where they got their matching system from, but it didnt work for me. I was matched with all sorts of weirdo's!! :ohwell:
    Right. And you being matched with... weirdos... is the proof it doesn't work? Is that what you're trying to say? :laugh: