So I tried eHarmony and...

Options
2»

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    ^^this!! E-harmony is rubbish! I have no idea where they got their matching system from, but it didnt work for me. I was matched with all sorts of weirdo's!! :ohwell:
    Right. And you being matched with... weirdos... is the proof it doesn't work? Is that what you're trying to say? :laugh:

Ermm! What are you trying to insinuate Monsieur??? :laugh:
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    ^^this!! E-harmony is rubbish! I have no idea where they got their matching system from, but it didnt work for me. I was matched with all sorts of weirdo's!! :ohwell:
    Right. And you being matched with... weirdos... is the proof it doesn't work? Is that what you're trying to say? :laugh:

Ermm! What are you trying to insinuate Monsieur??? :laugh:

o.m.g. I love you two...
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    What is a 'fixer upper'??? :embarassed:

Something that needs a lot of work. It's usually used in real estate, when a property looks like hell but has a decent structure...
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Tip for the ladies: you can't fix us.

And I'm pretty sure we can't fix you either.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

At the ripe age of 32, I have learned this.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options

And I'm pretty sure we can't fix you either.

I disagree. I am very amenable to improvement. The only problem is the changes women seem to want are not improvements. :laugh:
  • Emv79
    Emv79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Its very expensive non sense... So apparently I am TOTALLY undatable and the personality test that they gave me generated nothing .. Maybe I should lower my standards and get a "fixer upper"

Don't worry about it. After 2 months, and getting either no matches, mostly profiles of men that had "not logged on in over 3 weeks" or guys that clearly had nothing in common with what I had answered in their little eHarmony test, I cancelled my membership (it stays active until the end of your term, but at least it does not renew). From that exact moment on, surprise surprise, I actually started getting 5-6 matches per day and the weird part is some of them had not logged on for a few days, so why did I not get them before? Yep....eHarmony is made to control the flow of matches you get to see so that it can keep you paying those membership fees.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I hate to admit it but I tried eHarmony as well...I actually went on a couple of dates with one guy but that was it....Not worth the money, won't be renewing that membership...I should have gone with Match.com but I chose eHarmony....Lesson learned...Now I am not using any of them...That was my first time using a dating site too & probably the last...
  • jaric01
    jaric01 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I don't have a profile on any of these sites, but I went on POF last week and put in some search parameters. Nothing too picky, just 27-37 age range, non-smoker, and a few other basic things, just to see what kind of guys in my city were on there. It came back with THREE results. I live in Austin, for crying out loud. It's like the capital of young single people.

I figured out the glitch. Just expand the search radius to include Dallas. :wink:
  • Ildiko17
    Ildiko17 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Back to the OP, what are your "standards?" Very curious to to see why you think (according to E-Harmony) that you are undatable?
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    My friend is having a great time with eHarmony, but I told you above about my dismal results. Contrast that with Match.com, where the only thing limiting the amount of resultant dates is my lack of free time. It’s quite the ego boost (as if I my ego needed any more inflating).

Keep in mind, though, that I’m moving from here in a year or two, so I’m not 100% bent on finding my next mate… really just more about having (clean) fun right now.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    eHarmony is pointless after the first month. I can't knock it too bad because I met a couple cool people on there, but I think they've sent me like 1 datable match in the past month or so (and she never responded, surprise surprise!) Total waste of money, I had a lot of matches in the first week, but then it was nothing. And I live in a pretty major metropolitan area.
  • flstarlady65
    flstarlady65 Posts: 129
    Options
    I have officially changed my POF heading to..."Looking for a Fixer-upper!?" Maybe now I will get a few responses. I was going to try eharmony but they told me my match was in Iowa! I am not into long distance relationships. Match is another story all together. I don't like paying for the dating sites but I'm tired of being single. It's hard to find people my age to date when you live in "God's Waiting Room"!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I tried eharmony and to no avail - UGH was my overall feeling. I had matches all over the country and no where in CA. You can not tell me there are ZERO single people in my state that have similar qualities that would have us as a match?

Now on POF - I have to say this guy I have been seeing is well pretty amazing actually.
    If things fail I will have to be a fixer upper lol because I dont know how much more of this dating thing I can take.
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I am sooo frustrated.. I quit maybe I should start looking at dudes.. thats really my only opinion at this point

I really don't have a comment I just know my pals OPP my comments.

Yea I do in my Riley from the boondocks voice: "ni@@a you g@y!"

My poor Nubian queens:(