Shall we do a daily thread? (Tuesday, April 3)

Options
So in the past I have had a lot of luck sharing struggles and successes in an daily thread. Anyone else interested?

Typically I have found a new thread everyday of the work week and a single weekend thread seems to work well. Let's give it a try and see how it goes. I'll just stop if I end up just posting messages to myself after a few days. So please join me. Talking to yourself is one of the first signs of madness, no?

Replies

• SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    I was down 1.2 lbs today! Yippie! I am losing slower than I have in the past but I am focusing on making it stick.

Last night we made it out to the gym for weight lifting for the first time in...oh I dunno... months? Today my muscles are all warm and sore (but good sore). Progress! Tonight is gym cardio time.

What are you doing for exercise?
  • lissa0040
    lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Great job on the loss! I am doing cardio for now mostly treadmill and elliptical. I am working on that Couch 2 5k program designed to help me (or anyone) get conditioned to run long distances. I have to say that I used to run and have such strong legs but since I gained this weight I am lucky if I feel like walking -- let alone running. So far I am sore but like you said a good sore and I am proud of myself for getting off the couch and to the gym! So far it's a great start to the week. : )
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    I'm doing new rules of lifting so weights for me today! Seems to be a good week so far for me as well. I've been struggling with the eating more and lifting thing and I haven't seen any weight loss for 6 weeks. I'm really hoping this is the week! I feel like this will be the week.....we shall see.
  • AmandaK3
    AmandaK3 Posts: 80
    Options
    Tonight was my cardio night. I did 35mins on the elliptcal trainer at a steep climb, then I did 15 mins of the stairmill.

Plus them my favorite part of cardio night STRETCHING! It feels so good to get out a mat, kick my shoes off and stretch.

I only weigh myself once a month, but my clothes are fitting a little loose so I must be doing OK.
  • SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    Well aren't we all just on the same page!

Melissa - I have had a lot of luck with the C25K in the past. After going through the program my 5K was just under 30 minutes and man did I love me some running. One of my pictures is me finishing my first 5K. This go 'round I have stopped and started the C25K several times, but after a few runs I have been developing pretty serious leg pain (shin splints, IT band problems). I decided I am going to give myself a pass on starting back running for a bit. I am 25 pound heavier now then when I started last time. I think getting some of that weight off will help me feel better when running. So maybe after I get under 200lbs?

Ellie - I am doing the New Rules of Weight Lifting too! We were really going strong on the program until Thanksgiving and the holidays really threw me off. So I am starting back at the beginning to build back up my strength. I did Stage 1, Workout A yesterday.

Amanda- I need some serious stretching inspiration. Any suggestions for good stretches? I always skip it and I am worse for it. Also, I love that you only weigh yourself once a month! There is so much more to being healthy than a number on a scale.

I did some rowing and the elliptical (on the setting that's interval training but with more variety) at the gym tonight for about 50 minutes total. Feels good to be moving again.

See you guys tomorrow!
    SG
  • crystalkiss
    crystalkiss Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Getting ready for my 2nd day using the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I did it yesterday and I didn't pass out on the floor, lol, and i am not sore today. I hope to keep it up! :)