30s Daily - Wednesday, April 4

Options
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

Replies

• SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    Can't sleep so figured I could start up the new days thread. (Don't worry I am on the west coast so it's not as late as all that.)

What do you think of the intro? Anything you would like to add or omit?

Ok, I am going to take another crack at sleeping. Seriously kids, don't read spooky murder mysteries right before bed... :-)
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    lol, so true. I love to watch spooky movies but never before bed!
  • fitthesis
    Options
    I think the intro is good; short & sweet.

I know all about those late nights, though I've found I've been getting to sleep earlier and staying asleep on the nights following my walks. As much as I'm used to being up late, I'll take that uninterrupted sleep wherever I can get it.

Today is an off day for me, and I use it to reflect on the past few days. Since I'm still so new to this, I've been using the down time to really look into my numbers. I suppose it's a curiosity, just seeing how everything fits together. I can definitely see where my failings have been, especially considering there was no exercise to offset higher calorie days.
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Back to work for me today after a couple of days off. Back to the gym tonight too. Haven't been since Sunday and i expect my knees to ache when i'm done. No one said this was going to be easy though and as long as i have some good music on the ipod i'll be fine.
  • AmandaK3
    AmandaK3 Posts: 80
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! So glad only one more day of work for the Easter long weekend! I'm

I have to admit I'm feeling pretty LAZY today. This afternoon I was having troubles keeping my eyes open at work. But I managed to get a walk in, plus I did dishes...which taste me like an hour to do because I end up playing music and dancing around most of the time.

Beastie Boys, Pulp, Robin Thicke, and Jamiroquai always do that too me.

Tomorrow will have to be a killer work out though since later tomorrow I am going out for drinks to celebrate a friends Bday...I plan on having at least 4 pints. (I'm a cheap drunk).
  • SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    I think maybe today was just one of those days. My husband eventually got me up off the couch to play a little tennis. By "play tennis" I mean bat a ball around on a tennis court in a haphazard fashion. :-)

My eating is waay off today but I am giving myself a pass. Sometimes you just need a pass.

ellie78 - I love scary movies but never when I am home alone! That is a one way ticket to up-all-night-ville.

fitthesis - Exercise often helps me sleep better. I am a terrible sleeper and a night owl at heart. Have you been enjoy mfp so far?

PJYoung2012 - Do your knees ache when you work out? I was having some knee pain and when I started weight lifting the pain went away. I suppose my legs finally got strong enough to carry around my chubby little body without too much strain. Maybe something like that would help? You might have much more serious knee issues, of course. Good luck at the gym!

Amanda - That sounds like a great dishes/dancing playlist! Sometime down the road we should share our workout playlists!

That's all for tonight. "See" you tomorrow!

SG
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Last nights work out went fine in the end. I felt good, strong. I suffered a knee injury a few years back on a boating holiday and sometimes my knee aches a little after exersize. I did 55 minutes of cardio burning off 800 calories and a circuit of the weight machines. My plan as it stands is to burn off as much of the fat as possible doing this. Once i get down to 80kgs with the support of my trainer i'll start weight training and put some good lean muscle down. I'm kind of excited about what my body can do now i'm taking care of it properly. Maybe i can do some sport of some sort.
    I noticed everyone talking about music. I have a special gym playlist on my ipod. It has all sorts on it. Lots of queens of the stone age and the pixies. Another regular on gym trips is the soundtrack to the film The Tron Legacy. The pounding electro really gets me going. Plus it helps me ignore how goofy i must look on the treadmill ;-).