Always needing new recipes

Options
Please share any of your recipes you have tried and are KEEPERS.

Replies

• issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I've seen some pretty good ones on the recipe forum here.
  • nannabannana
    Options
    I've seen some pretty good ones on the recipe forum here.

Thanks to you I do have a few. keep them coming.
  • toosywoots
    Options
    One very easy recipe I tried recently:

Fat-Free Pineapple Angel Food Cake

Angel food cake mix( around 1 pound/ 16 ounces)
    1 can 20z of crushed or chunk pineapple (DO NOT DRAIN) (I prefer the crushed)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9 x 13 inch pan. Dust lightly with oil and flour. Mix the dry egg pouch with the other dry pouch if your cake mix has two pouches, stir. Don't worry if your cake mix doesn't have two pouches-some don't. Do not prepare cake mix as directions say. Add the full, not drained pineapple can to the dry mix. Hand mix until all ingredients are moist and fluffed. Put into your baking pan and put into center of oven. Bake for 35-45 minutes. Top will be golden brown and toothpick to center will come out clean. Cool in pan. Run knife around edges. Mine formed a crust type bottom and could be picked up like a cookie. I put a dab of whip cream on top for decoration. Serving size is 1/12 of the pan.
    The list of nutrition facts will vary depend on which cake mix you use. I am taking these from Betty Crocker cake mix and Dole canned Pineapple Chunks in 100% pineapple juice. A 12th of a cake= Cal 240 Fat 0 cholesterol 0 sodium 310 potassium 260 mg carbohydrate 56 mg Dietary fiber 1 gr Sugars 45g Protein 2 Vitamin C 25% Iron 2% Calcium 4% Does not include the dab of whip cream for decoration.
  • nannabannana
    Options
    One very easy recipe I tried recently:

Fat-Free Pineapple Angel Food Cake

Angel food cake mix( around 1 pound/ 16 ounces)
    1 can 20z of crushed or chunk pineapple (DO NOT DRAIN) (I prefer the crushed)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9 x 13 inch pan. Dust lightly with oil and flour. Mix the dry egg pouch with the other dry pouch if your cake mix has two pouches, stir. Don't worry if your cake mix doesn't have two pouches-some don't. Do not prepare cake mix as directions say. Add the full, not drained pineapple can to the dry mix. Hand mix until all ingredients are moist and fluffed. Put into your baking pan and put into center of oven. Bake for 35-45 minutes. Top will be golden brown and toothpick to center will come out clean. Cool in pan. Run knife around edges. Mine formed a crust type bottom and could be picked up like a cookie. I put a dab of whip cream on top for decoration. Serving size is 1/12 of the pan.
    The list of nutrition facts will vary depend on which cake mix you use. I am taking these from Betty Crocker cake mix and Dole canned Pineapple Chunks in 100% pineapple juice. A 12th of a cake= Cal 240 Fat 0 cholesterol 0 sodium 310 potassium 260 mg carbohydrate 56 mg Dietary fiber 1 gr Sugars 45g Protein 2 Vitamin C 25% Iron 2% Calcium 4% Does not include the dab of whip cream for decoration.

Thank you toosywoots. Seems like a lot of carbs, but it does sound delicious. Will keep around and try later.:bigsmile:
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Just made this one--definitely a keeper:
    http://www.kissmywhisk.com/home/2011/10/3/soy-balsamic-slow-cooker-chicken.html
    And it smells so good cooking all afternoon.
  • 2successs
    Options
    We love this recipe. Low sodium tomato juice can be substituted for tomato soup if you prefer.

Lazy Man Cabbage Rolls

1 lb. extra-lean ground beef or turkey breast
    1 onion, chopped
    1 or 2 green peppers, chopped
    1 cup dry brown rice (or white)
    3-5 cups cabbage, chopped large
    1 to 2 large cans tomato soup
    Seasonings or your choice

Do not pre-cook anything. Mix ground beef, rice, onions, peppers and seasonings together with a little of the chopped cabbage.

In a casserole, sprayed with cooking spray, layer meat mixture alternately with remaining chopped cabbage, drizzling each layer with a little tomato soup as you go.

Pour remaining tomatosoup over top.

Bake at 325 degrees for about 2 hours, but check on occasion, about every 35-45 minutes for doneness. If it looks like it's drying out, add more tomato soup or juice to the top.

At the last 5 minutes or so, I sometimes sprinkle top with some kind of cheese & melt till lightly browned.