Jeans. Do you have any that fit "right"?

Options
fourluvbugs
fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
I'd love to find some jeans that fit. Like most of you mine are all either too tight in the waist or too big for my legs. Think parachute pants. When I buy the lower ones they fall off of my hips all day long unless I wear a really tight belt .

Has anyone found a store or a brand or a style that fits the way they should? I'd love in on that secret!

Replies

• mquinn731
    Options
    For me and my apple shaped mom - rich and skinnys - they have a lot of different cuts - slim in the leg and a bit roomier in the waist. Also good for short torsos - not too high waisted.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I have ONE pair that fit right. It's A.N.A. from JCPenney but I can't find another pair just like it. I just happened to find this pair in the store and they are so soft and comfortable and fit perfectly. I wanted more but they didn't have any more in my size. I ordered another pair of A.N.A. jeans online and they are a different style I guess and are too tight in the waist. Not as comfortable either.
  • andy2486
    andy2486 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this group and I have finally found this term, "apple", that describes my body type. I have had ONE pair of jeans that has fit for the past 8 years or so (tighter in the past year but much better now) and it has been next to impossible to find bottoms that fit outside of black office pants, jean skirts, and seldomly, capris. I have found that Old Navy's new jean styles fit me, mostly. They are still slightly big in the hip/upper thigh area, but it is WAY better than any other jeans I have found. I also found some capri type jeans that fit pretty well. I suggest that you try them if you can. My style was the "Diva" I think, but they have other types, skinny leg, boot leg, etc. Try them all on and see what you like best. Good luck!
  • ashlee2012
    Options
    For me in my current plus-sized state, Lane Bryant's Right Fit Yellow is the way to go. They are part of a "jean revolution" they started a few years back, and they have three distinct styles. The yellows are perfect for me- more room in the belly, less bunching in the legs and butt.
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I am with Amy! I just bought a pair of a.n.a. from JCPenney the other day and I am in love.
    I can't wear low rise because 1. my "mommy" belly - it's getting better but I don't like having a muffin top and 2. they fall down all day. But, I also don't like the high high rise jeans because ...well, they're uncomfortable and are not particularly attractive to me. The a.n.a. ones seem to fit just right. Not too low, not too high, no sagging at the waist or hips and comfortable but not baggy through the thigh.
  • miss_september
    Options
    Well, just this past weekend I went shopping for new jeans. Prior to this weekend, I've had luck with GAP 1969 Boyfriend Flares, but that isn't helpful because they don't make them anymore =-(. Anyway, I tried on two brands that really seem to fit my shape in my new size (I am down to a 14). I tried on a pair of "Lucky" jeans, which were actually a straight leg, slim capri, and they actually looked pretty good--I didn't look too much like an M&M guy ;-). While I didn't end up buying those, I did find a great pair of Calvin Klein flare jeans that look AMAZING on me! The hips/butt area isn't baggy, the waist fits comfortably, and the flare and dark indigo colors give me more of a figure. I also sometimes get lucky at Old navy...not so much recently, but that is because I HATE the new "polyester/cotton/stretch" cra* they are making jeans out of these days--they just don't hold up the abuse I put them through. I also recently bought a pair of Land's End modern boot cut jeans that look pretty good--the hips are a little loose, but they don't look sloppy.
  • galaxyhearts
    galaxyhearts Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this group and I have finally found this term, "apple", that describes my body type. I have had ONE pair of jeans that has fit for the past 8 years or so (tighter in the past year but much better now) and it has been next to impossible to find bottoms that fit outside of black office pants, jean skirts, and seldomly, capris. I have found that Old Navy's new jean styles fit me, mostly. They are still slightly big in the hip/upper thigh area, but it is WAY better than any other jeans I have found. I also found some capri type jeans that fit pretty well. I suggest that you try them if you can. My style was the "Diva" I think, but they have other types, skinny leg, boot leg, etc. Try them all on and see what you like best. Good luck!

I'm with this girl. Old Navy jeans work really well for me. I like the Rock Star super skinnies (I really do not care what anyone says about big girls in skinny jeans. I like them so I wear them.) I feel like my legs are so small compared to the top of me.. why not show them off.

I always read that we should wear bootcut to "balance out" but why would I want to look bigger overall? LOL

Anyone else share in this philosophy?
  • andy2486
    andy2486 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    For me in my current plus-sized state, Lane Bryant's Right Fit Yellow is the way to go. They are part of a "jean revolution" they started a few years back, and they have three distinct styles. The yellows are perfect for me- more room in the belly, less bunching in the legs and butt.

I am glad you like Lane Bryant's new pants. I actually stepped in their "sizing" machine when they first started their revolution hoping to add to their sizing chart. I tried on the pants that they suggested for me when they came out and experienced a MAJOR FAIL. I can only get their straight leg black work pants and even those sometimes I have to get altered. I have found a good pair at Torrid, but of course they discontinued my fave pair. I found an okay replacement, so now I wear those and a pair I wore 7 years ago when I first entered the "office wear" world. I do love LB's undie/bra lines though. Thats about the only thing that fits me correctly there now, besides the very rare shirt.
  • brendacs21
    brendacs21 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I was shocked to find some jeans that did me justice at American Eagle. They have several cuts, skinny,original,boyfriend,artist and maybe 1 other i cant remember. I want to say i bought either the boyfriend or artist style. The first thing i noticed is that they made my "rear end" appear more lifted and like i actually had one!!! Second i noticed that after wearing them for a while they are more relaxed in the stomach area which is fabulous so you dont have the muffin top going on! I have a cousin who i bought a pair for that noticed the same thing w/o me even telling her what i thought. We are in love!
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    i have some Lands End ones that are okay, but for the most part, if pants fit me in the waist, they are too big everywhere else and if they fit everywhere else, I can't button them. And because I'm 6 ft tall, if by some miracle they fit everywhere, they are too short! I hate dressing this body...
  • fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the leads everyone! When I outgrow the ones I have now I will definitely check out some of the brands that you have found and love.

Ceci, I'll bet your legs are absolutely amazing! Legs are one of our best features to begin with and yours must be gorgeously long on top of that. No jeans for you -- short skirts. all. the. time.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add that the other brands I wear (I just don't like them as much as the one pair from JCP) are Old Navy and American Eagle. I can't remember my favorite style from ON--I think it's the Diva. I have one pair from ON that is a higher waist and I don't like that.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the leads everyone! When I outgrow the ones I have now I will definitely check out some of the brands that you have found and love.

Ceci, I'll bet your legs are absolutely amazing! Legs are one of our best features to begin with and yours must be gorgeously long on top of that. No jeans for you -- short skirts. all. the. time.

And you know, I never wear skirts, though I do have awesome legs if I do say so myself. :bigsmile: I feel like because a skirt hangs from my widest point it makes me look bigger than I actually am. But at a lower weight, I live in them!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for these suggestions! I'm not normally an American Eagle or Old Navy patron, but if they have pants that -fit- they'll have my custom for a long time! I esp. like the idea of the AE jeans that lift a little.

Oh the jeans in my profile pic are A.N.A brand from Von Maur. a little tight but they were 'skinny jeans' and I wanted to see how they fit.
  • sdav1997
    sdav1997 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I like the Gloria vanderbilt jeans sold at Costco. They have bootcut with flap back pockets to give illusion of backside, a little bit of stretch, forgiving in the waist. Best of all their jeans are all under $20. Make sure it is bootcut. i can not speak for the other styles. I do not like to wear skinny jeans because with smaller legs, it only draws more attention to the largeness on top.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    The only ones I've found are the Old Navy Rockstars, I think the super skinny ones? They have a lot of stretch but still look and feel like regular jeans so they work
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    my favorite pair of shorts came from the maternity department. even though i weighed 175 when i bought them, i fit into a small. they stayed up without a belt, stretched for my abdomen, and fit my scrawny hips and thighs appropriately.
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    American Apparel Skinny Jeans and Old Navy Rockstar Jeans. I have found both to actually fit me better than any other jeans ever, but the Rockstar Jeans are the best. They're the only jeans I've ever had that don't fall off all day long. I used to love Levi's Too Superlow, but they would eventually start slouching. Also, they aren't very size-standard.

I was so against "skinny jeans" but now they're pretty much all I wear.
  • shraab
    shraab Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like Lucky brand jeans and Ralph Lauren jeans. They're the only brand I've found that don't stretch as I'm wearing them and fall down after a few hours.