Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Anyone enjoy being single?

Replies

• melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    YEssssssssssssssss!! I am so so so so so happy. Seriously, I think I'm having the best days of my life.
    I recently read an article that 33 was the best age according to a survey done.
    I'll be 33 next month. :wink:

I am happy in my own skin and am proud of myself. I'm in a good healthy place right now both physically and emotionally which helps me make better decisions which makes me happy with makes me want to be the best ME I can be.

I'm giddy most days... for life. I am in love with my life and I don't know what to do about the excitement I feel.

Chile plz!! Your over the topness reeks of you tryin to use your enthusiasm to mask your denial. I have NEVER in my adult life met a woman who was HAPPY to be single. I have met many who were CONTENT to be so, there is a big difference.

Based on your response, I'm kind of not surprised that YOU are single!

Based on what LA said... I turned 33 in December and I have to admit I am loving this year. I don't have all the hang ups about my body, and I'm honestly happy being single and just dating. I had this need in my 20's to find the one to find the one. Now I just want to get healthy and live my life. Not every woman out there needs a man around 24/7 to make us happy... same goes for single men. We should all be happy with ourselves first. :flowerforyou:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    YEssssssssssssssss!! I am so so so so so happy. Seriously, I think I'm having the best days of my life.
    I recently read an article that 33 was the best age according to a survey done.
    I'll be 33 next month. :wink:

I am happy in my own skin and am proud of myself. I'm in a good healthy place right now both physically and emotionally which helps me make better decisions which makes me happy with makes me want to be the best ME I can be.

I'm giddy most days... for life. I am in love with my life and I don't know what to do about the excitement I feel.

I'll be 34 next month! :sad:

34 was better for me then 33 and I hope the trend continues and 35 is better then 34.
  • Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    I don’t really like being single but I’m happier now that I’m out of my last craptastic relationship. I’m taking time to focus on me and hope Mr. Right shows up sometime in the near future. I mostly miss having someone to talk to and cuddle with. I live alone so it can be lonely at times. Other than that, I’m enjoying life.
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    I enjoy it. I have my moments where I can only think about hundreds of cats and dying alone, but overall I am very pleased with my lifestyle right now.
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,268 Member
    There are days I really really miss being in a relationship and then there are days that I bask in the glory of only having to focus on myself and my son.

I think the part of being single that I don't like is the hurt feelings. I seem to be the one getting hurt more often than not and that blows.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Well I don't hate it. But I really need to start doing something about it soon. I'm all alone all the time. :(
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Being single definitely has its benefits, especially with all of the bad relationships I see around me. A good relationship, though? Nothing beats that.
  • kkjay
    kkjay Posts: 62
    Being single definitely has its benefits, especially with all of the bad relationships I see around me. A good relationship, though? Nothing beats that.

I completely agree! At the moment I'm quite happy to be single. I'm too independent sometimes .Though if a great guy came along and we had a great relationship, that'd be even better.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,290 Member
    Honestly, I'm usually pretty happy to just hang out and be me. I'm very independent, so it suits my nature.

That being said, I'm having a weak moment. It may be Spring and having lost 15 pounds since the end of January...whatever it is, I am missing the flirtation and the dating and the "getting to know you" phase. Having been on and off dating sites with little success, I'm not really wanting to jump back on that wagon....but I've never 'met' anyone outside of a website.

Soooo.....I guess I'm sticking to being single for now ;)
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Someone to text with all day, someone that says good morning and good night, that person that you think about all day and can't wait to see them again. Someone to cuddle on the couch and watch movies with, someone to make you feel better after you have a rough day.

I would love to have this in a relationship, especially when I see some of my friends have this kind of relationship, but when I get lonely I remind myself that I never had this in marriage (my ex did not like me to call/email/text during the day or cuddle, or make you feel better after a rough day (which he equated with coddling). Then I look at some of my other friends who have marriages like mine (or worse) and I'm thankful that my life is pretty good. I think many women in my situation would say they're "happy," not just "content."
  • Bikini27
    I'm surviving it. I'd rather have someone in my life, I'm getting to the point where MY biological clock is ticking like big ben. I know, right, weird for a guy.

I'm just lonely, I mean I love my friends and my ability to get out and do what I want whenever I want, I'd just like to find someone to do these things with me.

Basically like everyone else, not unhappy, but not as happy as I could be.

Ok, this...minus the biological clock.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Absolutely I love being single. I like my men assorted...like a box of chocolates.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    I have NEVER in my adult life met a woman who was HAPPY to be single. I have met many who were CONTENT to be so, there is a big difference.

Really??? Many of my girlfriends are SO happy beign single that it scared me when I became single (I didn't want to die a single cat lady). Maybe it's because I'm miliary...? Maybe military women are just happier not having to deal witha man...? I dunno...
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,307 Member
    I am wondering how many are defining single as simply not married or in a regular relationship with one person but with a reasonable amount of action just the same as opposed to single being alone with no intimacy or "fun".
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    I have NEVER in my adult life met a woman who was HAPPY to be single. I have met many who were CONTENT to be so, there is a big difference.

Really??? Many of my girlfriends are SO happy beign single that it scared me when I became single (I didn't want to die a single cat lady). Maybe it's because I'm miliary...? Maybe military women are just happier not having to deal witha man...? I dunno...

No. It's not just military. It's liking yourself enough to not have to have someone else in your life to be happy. It took me long enough to get to this point, but I just want to enjoy my life for a while and focus completely on myself. Some call it selfish, I call it being independent.

If somebody came along and tried to convince me to start a LTR with him, I would tell him to wait. I honestly feel that when I want a relationship, I'll have one.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    i'm going to be totally honest. i love being single in that i do everything FOR ME. no one to "report to," etc. however, i am at a point where i would like to meet someone to share my life with. i've been single for most of my adult (and young adult) life. only a few "serious" relationships, and even those weren't marriage material. so am i happy being single? yes. and no.

edited to say: i'm grateful for having been single most of my adult life so i can get to know myself better, know what i'm looking for (and what i'm AVOIDING), and follow MY dreams. nursing school here we come! but yes, i still want to meet "the one." if he exists.
  • abc_life
    abc_life Posts: 28
    sometimes, its ok and other times its horrible
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    It's nice to only have to worry about ME. I felt like a babysitter for 5 years and now that I am free of that I couldn't be more ecstatic. Sure, it sucks sometimes but at the end of the day I like it. Took a while though, I was so used to being in a relationship that being single scared me. Now I embrace it.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,252 Member
    Well I've been single for a little over a year now and I have to say probably the most fun year of my life.... I'm not worried about getting action cause I can get it with one phone call and for emergencies theres batteries lol.......
  • Bikini27
    I am wondering how many are defining single as simply not married or in a regular relationship with one person but with a reasonable amount of action just the same as opposed to single being alone with no intimacy or "fun".

95% of the time, I am the latter.
    5% of the time, I actually get to date and enjoy it. But I still consider myself single because I am not in a relationship.