Exact Order...

Options
beckkotsch
beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
Ok, so this is probably a stupid question and I'm sure I'm over thinking it....

I'm halfway through Phase 1 and up until last night I haven't had any issues. The gym was PACKED yesterday and every.single squat thing was being used. I had already spent about 10 minutes on the elliptical warming up so I didn't really want to "waste" time on there anymore so I skipped the squats and went straight into pushups/seated row. I ended up doing step ups/abs before any of the squat machines opened up. So, I finished my workout with squats. Is this a big deal? Obviously, I like to do the workouts in the order they were intended but I seriously would have had to stand around for 20 minutes. And yes, I could have done some extra cardio but that section is on the opposite side of the gym and I didn't want to miss them if they opened up!

Thanks for any input! :)

Replies

• jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I really don't think it's that big of a deal. Sometimes i will just go through all the sets on one machine because i don't want to have to wait for it again.
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Thank you:) I didn't have an issue with it tonight, thankfully so we'll see how Saturday goes.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    The thought behind the squat or deadlift being first is that they are big lifts and involve a lot of muscles and you need all your strength to do them. That's why they are first in the workouts. When you super set-alternate two-than you work different muscle groups-like push up will work chest and row will work back, so alternating them will give you enough rest between them to be able to do the next set. But with a busy gym you have to do what you have to do to get it all done. :)