walking in the light

Options
When I do things right, it feels so good! Tonite was bell choir practice for Easter Sunday. The song was very simple and joyful. We were all into it, playing it over and over to get the rests and rhythm just right, then a latecomer joined the group about halfway through and we got jubilated again and went through the song at least three more times. I counted it as 146 cal. burned for 25 min, but it was an hour of practice and we did the song at least 6 times, each time getting more physically into the ringing. I play middle octave bells which are not the heaviest, but also not the lightest ones. We were all worn out and ready to sit down by the end of the hour. Maybe it was the combination of the sunshine and the praiseful music and the company of friends. Maybe it was the festive day at work where we had a pitch-in to say goodbye to some of our workers who are leaving to complete their schooling. I just wish everyday could be as satisfying as this one has been! This is really surprising since I had very little sleep last night and should have been sleepy all the way through the day. But it started with a boiled egg for breakfast after I got to work, so maybe it set me up with the right amount of protein to get going on the right foot! Praise God for boiled eggs. I rarely get to eat breakfast, and a boiled egg is easy to grab and go!

Replies

• HoneybearSue64
    Options
    Well, that must have been a rare good day because I am still the same weight, have not been back on here, have not been exercising or eating healthy. Maybe there is a point when you are too old after all! If I lost 50 pounds, my skin would sag and hang on me! That would be just as unbearable as being this overweight! At my age the natural elasticity that would kick in at 30 or 40 is probably gone now, so no telling how much older being thinner would make me look. Life is a Bummer! I was really in shape at 20, just a little overweight but still cute at 30, but every year has been more of a struggle with pregnancies and keeping the weight down, and now I just feel like a lost cause! And to think this is being passed on to my adult daughters! Lord help us all!