Wanted to say hello.

Options
12by311
12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
I am new to this group but not to MFP. I have been on here since 2009. I actually didn't even know groups existed here.

Anyway, I gained about 24+ lbs in college and by the time I graduated I got it off, first by using WW then just by exercising and portion control and drinking more water.

I've kept the weight off for about 9 years now except when I got pregnant. I gained about 20 lbs I guess, and it came off relatively quickly. My doctor actually commented on the fact I had a good amount of muscle and that helped with my pregnancy (was considered high risk because of some issues).

I am 5'7" and currently weigh 164. I graduated hs at 165, very fit, and would love to know what my bf% was at that point. In the fall, my bf % was 29%.

I don't necessarily care about the number on the scale. I would rather lose BF...however, I do need some progress!

I'm trying to be patient.

I am eating between 1600-1700 cals per day. My bmr is ~1530.

I am doing stronglifts 3 days a week, trying to get in 1 or 2 days of cardio. I either do a long distance run or I've been trying to do a HIIT every once in a while.

I've been on this eating/fitness routine for a little over 2 weeks now.

I coach varsity basketball and during ball season I actually lost 3 lbs (which is usually not normal, coaches usually gain during season), but I think it's because I wasn't exercising and my eating was so sporadic (I tend to eat less when stressed and busy).

I don't really want that. I don't want a smaller number on the scale but out of shape.

So...hello! And I'm glad I was indirectly invited to join this group because I feel like I have a similar mind set to many of you here.

Replies

• twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm relatively new to this group and have found a wealth of wonderful information here!! Everyone is super encouraging!!

Feel free to friend me if you're looking to add more friends from this group!
  • witrixie2011
    Options
    Welcome to the group!! Lots of great advice from everyone and hopefully someone will have an answer for you!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Did you calculate your TDEE? Based on your exercise that cut value seems low. You should multiply your BMR by 1.55% then take 15% from that number. I strongly believe you aren't eating enough:-)
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I've actually been wondering about that....I multiplied my bmr by 1.2.

So you think I should try 1.55 instead and up the cals to roughly 2000 cals?