HRM question

Options
How often do you guys update the weight on your HRM? Do you change it after each weigh in or in 5lb intervals or what? I forgot to change mine after I weighed in last weekend and was curious how much of a difference it makes.

Replies

• sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    my HRM comes next week, so I'm going to bump this cuz I would like to know too!
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    I change my weiight settings every week when I weigh in. It keeps the readings more accurate. Plus, the less you weigh the less calories your burn doing he same thing. So if you change it weekly, the change is more gradual in your calories burn. One time I forgot to change it for 8 lbs and noticed a bit if a difference on my burn, didn't like it lol
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Wow, never even thought about this:ohwell:
  • wrapabar
    wrapabar Posts: 36
    Options
    I weigh more often than once a week (obsessive) and change the weight setting on the HRM as soon as I have a loss.
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i change mine when i have a significant drop in lbs... which hasn't happened in a while, haha... i don't think anything less than 2 lbs really affects your calorie burn on a hrm, but that is just my opinion. my hrm is kinda annoying to change settings, so...
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I just update mine maybe once a month or so