30s Daily - Thursday, April 5

Options
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

Replies

• SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    Oh, no check ins today. :-(

Well, I made it to the gym tonight which means I have done some exercise everyday since Friday. It's a pretty sweet streak.

Other than that the tile is finally done in our kitchen (it took two weeks) and it looks really nice! I am glad to have my kitchen back in working order. Makes cooking so much easier!

I have company coming in on Saturday so we will probably be eating out more in the coming week. Fingers crossed that that doesn't lead to major gains.

Cheers,
    Sara Grace
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    I made it to the gym last night too. It went ok but i felt pretty tired by the end of it. That's it now gym wise till Tuesday due to the easter holiday. Lucky for me i have no hang ups about being around people gorging themselves on chocolate eggs. I feel your pain when it comes to eating out. I've become a bit of a pain because i tend to ask questions and spend more time going over the menu. You can almost hear the eyes rolling around me!
    Any ideas on how i can keep my fitness up while everythings closed? I'm hoping i can get some long walks in over the weekend but my partners a teacher and she likes to relax when she's not working.
  • SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    Paul - Going for a long walk with my sweetie is one of my favorite things! Is there a way to do it that doesn't seem like work? Go somewhere pretty maybe? A lake? A casual hike? It might also help if you can think of a good way to pamper her on Friday. I taught for awhile and Fridays were just the worst. You just come home so so tired.

I don't know if this would help your case (might come off as preachy) but there is this completely amazing little lecture about the very best thing you can do for your health. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUaInS6HIGo
    Maybe someday you can try and get your partner to watch it. Really puts going on short little walks in perspective.

Do you have a bike? When my husband needs a good fast work out he often goes out on his bike and climbs a couple hills. We don't ride together because I can't really keep up.

Glad you have excellent chocolate egg resolve. Me, not so much. But it is likely I can limit my exposure.

Hope you have a successful weekend. Holidays can be tough. Enjoy and avoid the rampaging chocolate bunnies!
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Thanks, some good advice there. Hopefully we'll get a walk in this weekend. i'm working and i always walk to work which helps keep me going. Sadly the weather here in the UK is as bleak as people the world over seem to think it is. it's a shame because we have some lovely walks here. From the sounds of things i'll be sorting out the garden and doing some DIY this weekend which should keep me active.
    I'm a bit stubourn and when it comes to weight loss it's nothing but an advantage. Once i get focused the prospect of being around people eating chocolate doesn't worry me. It's like how i feel when watching Man v Food. I seem to be able to get by ok. Hope you have a nice Easter weekend and thanks for the reply. Very kind of you indeed. I like this website :-).