PoF - 24 hours later

Options
BondBomb
BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
I made it a whole 24 hours on plenty of fish.com before I decided to delete my profile.
I take back what I said about Craigslist. PoF is the trailer park of dating sites.

I wish I could share the responses I got. But really...I dont think you guys would believe me. Or maybe you would which is even scarier.

Replies

• jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Try okcupid its not near as bad......
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    hahaha, something about pay sites or in person has it's appeal
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options

Why do you think that is?
  • BondBomb
    Options
    hahaha, something about pay sites or in person has it's appeal
    Yeah I gotta try a pay site. The free ones are just. yuck.
  • BondBomb
    Options
    Yeah I found it pretty bad as well. I got some serious psycho messages.
  • erintheinspiration
    erintheinspiration Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!!!! I hate POF! It has got to be the WORST dating site ever! Of course I don't have luck with any dating sites. I'm pretty sure I'm destined to be the crazy cat lady... except I won't have cats- I'll have lizards, or hermit crabs, or fish. Something easy to take care of and not a huge mess, LMAO! Seriously though, I feel your pain! I tried it twice thinking I would give it another go... Big mistake! LOL!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any bad experiences with either. Sure you get your stupid messages but I just delete.

Sorry, that sucks!
  • erintheinspiration
    erintheinspiration Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yeah I found it pretty bad as well. I got some serious psycho messages.

I haven't heard good things about that site either. I don't think I'm cut out for online dating, LOL!
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    all sites have their share of weirdos.... even this one!!! lol!!! I've been approached by both side... odd, men don't seem to read the profile as much as just look at the photos! My profile states that I am 47 and am looking for a man in that age range and I get some as young as 25 and as old as 62! READ! MAN! READ! :noway:
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    all sites have their share of weirdos.... even this one!!! lol!!!

Ain't that the truth!!!

I've had more weirdos PM here than on POF. Seriously. lol
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I made it a whole 24 hours on plenty of fish.com before I decided to delete my profile.
    I take back what I said about Craigslist. PoF is the trailer park of dating sites.

I wish I could share the responses I got. But really...I dont think you guys would believe me. Or maybe you would which is even scarier.

Ha ha ha ha! I looked at that site last night for the first time... just had to walk away.
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I recently joined POF and just created a generic "Thank you for your interest but I do not think we would be a good match. Good luck fishing" message to reply to weirdos and those I immediately don't think I would click with. I have met 2 guys in person (after texting each for about a week). Guy #1 is fun and nice and we are having dinner & going to a comedy club tomorrow and Guy #2 ended up being too immature to even approach me at the bar we agreed to meet at (though he saw me and knew I saw him). If you are really looking for a relationship then its going to take a little bit of effort on your part regardless. On-line with weeding out the freaks and jerks or in real life by getting out there and being available to meet strangers. Either way... good luck!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

Actually after about the first 72 hours a lot of the crazies go away. I mean some will be there always but it's the ones that stalk the new people search that usually are the really desperate ones.
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options

Please do share! I'm looking for some great reading entertainment to pull me through this last hour of work!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Actually after about the first 72 hours a lot of the crazies go away. I mean some will be there always but it's the ones that stalk the new people search that usually are the really desperate ones.

Yes, I found the same thing. It was a flurry of activity for the first few days and now it's a much better pace.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I must do something wrong,get nothing. :ohwell: :tongue:
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options

Ain't that the truth!!!

You told me you wouldn't tell anyone...
  • La_Amazona
    Options

Ain't that the truth!!!

You told me you wouldn't tell anyone...

Well next time you need to understand the "I will report you" message.

:tongue:
  • smilingchica
    smilingchica Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I've found that the least amount of weirdos has come from march.com and eharmony-both paid though. Pof was great a few years ago helping me get through a breakup of a 5 yr relationship, I am still friends with 2-3 guys I met on there but the majority were either great for te much needed post breakup fling or just to remind myself to not settle!! Lol.
  • BondBomb
    Options
    I am going to try match.com.
    For some reason PoF had an unusually large amout of old black men obsessed with my feet. Offering foot massages, asking if I had nice feet....I mean is this a thing now?

Also of course the 25 year olds with gangsta pictures. Or standing in front of their old as caddy with huge rims.

I got lots of "hey", "hello how are you" and even an "Are you a good kisser?". I told that guy "as a matter of fact I am. I just happen to kiss with the heel of my boots...wanna try?" even that didnt stop him. Got an 'lol'.