PoF - 24 hours later

Options

Replies

• Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    hahaha, something about pay sites or in person has it's appeal
    Yeah I gotta try a pay site. The free ones are just. yuck.

Think of it this way: When they have to pay, it weeds out some of the trolls. Some.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Hey - you lasted longer than I did!! My first few hours on POF were an absolute nightmare!! The guys started off nice enough, then got creepy and dirty. I'm all for pillow talk - after we have actually shared a pillow first!! Some of the people on there are just gross.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I made it a whole 24 hours on plenty of fish.com before I decided to delete my profile.
    I take back what I said about Craigslist. PoF is the trailer park of dating sites.

I wish I could share the responses I got. But really...I dont think you guys would believe me. Or maybe you would which is even scarier.

Please do share! I'm looking for some great reading entertainment to pull me through this last hour of work!

I agree...I love scary stories!!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I made it a whole 24 hours on plenty of fish.com before I decided to delete my profile.
    I take back what I said about Craigslist. PoF is the trailer park of dating sites.

I wish I could share the responses I got. But really...I dont think you guys would believe me. Or maybe you would which is even scarier.

Ha ha ha ha! I looked at that site last night for the first time... just had to walk away.

LOL...I would totally believe what you received for responses. I have gotten everything for naked pics to propositions to one night stands as the first contact email. WTF!! Took mine down too can find much better on my own.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Well I will definitely not give POF a try.....
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Damn I feel so rejected. I don't get those kind of creepy messages at all.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    You look like a classy lady. I apparently look like a foot *kitten*.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm a woman and I don't contact a single man on POF. I complain because only psycho are contacting me... Boohoohoo... :cry:

Anyone here has heard of the search function? Or are you waiting for your "ideal" man to fall off the sky?
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    eh, there are creeps no matter where you go(internet and real life). You will always have to weed through the jerks/creeps/psychos to find a good man/woman
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm a woman and I don't contact a single man on POF. I complain because only psycho are contacting me... Boohoohoo... :cry:

Anyone here has heard of the search function? Or are you waiting for your "ideal" man to fall off the sky?

^This.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Eh. You get what you pay for with POF :laugh: . It's not great, but I've found that it's not that horrible either. At least it hasn't been for me. When I get a creepy or gross messager, I just click the lovely delete button and if he messages me again I block him. It works wonders. I "meet" more guys through POF than other sites. Granted, it's usually quantity over quality. I did, however, meet my last boyfriend through POF> We were together almost 2 years and I nearly married the guy. I've never had a bad POF date, but I do require them to invest some time in me before I even give out my number.

Sorry it didn't work for you! :flowerforyou: It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea.. and sometimes I'm not entirely convinced that it's mine.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

^This.

Ok guys, what's your ideal initial message from a woman on a dating site then?
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

^This.

I'm curious about this too!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options

^This.

It is not necessarily the message itself, it is who it comes from. I get a fair amount of women initiating messages to me (more than most guys I talk about this subject with) but the women initiating the messages are ones that I'm not at all interested in. They'd figure it out if they read my profile. I have included some language in my profile to reduce messages from women outside what I want, but I still see some.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

^This.

It is not necessarily the message itself, it is who it comes from. I get a fair amount of women initiating messages to me (more than most guys I talk about this subject with) but the women initiating the messages are ones that I'm not at all interested in. They'd figure it out if they read my profile. I have included some language in my profile to reduce messages from women outside what I want, but I still see some.

This is why men are confusing... Teasing ladies for not being proactive enough and then not liking the ones who are. What do you all want from us? :grumble:
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options

I freaking LOVE you :)
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    My 2 cents...

Never tried POF

Tried match and it was the worst. run. of. first. dates. EVER.

Currently on okcupid and have only met one man....we have been on 3 dates. But I think he's only looking to get the golden ticket...:huh:

New date Saturday :bigsmile:
  • BondBomb
    Options

I have heard of the search function. However it is not a magical button that gives you exactly what you are seeking. I am not looking for perfection but I am looking for perfect for me. I simply didn't feel like wading through the 75 creepy messages that I received.
    I since have exchanged a few emails with someone I found interesting. Although its only been 2 days and he has already started calling me hunni and baby in emails.
    I am definitely not crying about it. I just simply stated that this particular site it not for me. You however seem to have taken it personally and read WAY more into it that what I said. Care to share with the group?
  • BondBomb
    Options
    My 2 cents...

Never tried POF

Tried match and it was the worst. run. of. first. dates. EVER.

Currently on okcupid and have only met one man....we have been on 3 dates. But I think he's only looking to get the golden ticket...:huh:

New date Saturday :bigsmile:
    I actually met and dated someone for years that I met on match.com. And another I am still friends with from OK Cupid. I am still friends with both actually. But let me tell you I had to go on a lot of bad first dates just to come up with those two. I really feel like online dating is not for me. But I am also so isolated being a single parent and working from home that I thought maybe I would give it another go. Im going to give match a few months and see what happens. As another poster said - you get what you pay for. :)
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

I freaking LOVE you :)

I must have them fooled then