Schwaggggggg

Options
Show your bike some love...what is the most recent schwag you have purchased...me...bought a Mirrycle mirror for the roadie and a tube patch kit for the MTB.

Replies

• RedSunshine365
    RedSunshine365 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    A new handlebar plug because the first one fell out after a bad wrapping job.. Not that cool, but it's the last thing I bought for the bike....
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    Options
    I've been behaving myself recently - last thing I bought (last week) was a new saddle - Selle Italia C2 Gel Flow - jury's out so far on it - Still to get a proper long ride on it, but so far, it's looking like it might end on the MTB rather than the roadbike (bought it to see if I fitted the modern Selle Italia saddle shape, as it seems that as I've lost weight, I'm not getting on so well with the Fizik's anymore)

I have bought a few bits of clothing though - strangely, after losing 120+lb from this time last year, none of my spring and summer gear fits me anymore. So - a new pair of DHB (wiggle own brand) Aeron Race 3/4 bibs and a couple of pairs of the Aeron Pro Bib Shorts should see me through until I need the next size down. Also treat myself to a new pair of riding mits - the very spiffy and not a little old-school looking Gore Retro-Tech Leather ones in very poncey white!
  • CDGolden
    CDGolden Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    My only recent (2 months ago) purchase was a pair of Pearl izumi cold weather gloves, prior to that was a Craigslist screaming deal on a Surly 1x1 mountain bike.

Although I do need to recable and tune my road bike up, maybe I will take it in to the shop this time for some love.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Winter riding tights for me. And a waterproof seat cover for my bike. That's probably it for this year, sadly.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    This year...

2012 Trek Cobia 17.5"
    Ergon GS.1 Grips
    Bontrager Evoke R Saddle
    Tifosi Dolomite glasses w/ clear lenses
    Bontrager Quantum Helmet
    Bottle Cages, Bottles, GU Brew
    Garmin FR60 HRM Watch + Speed/Cadence Sensor

Still will need some new tires, maybe a new multitool.. new clothes as i lose weight... race entry fees..
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    New bike bag. It's tiny and barely fits my tube change kit but it matches my bike and has little flowers on it. :blushing:
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Well it looks like I'm going to have to spend some £££'s - dropped my riding glasses as I got home today - they're a pair of old Bolle Edges with the prescription glazed insert fitted. Unfortunately, the Prescription insert frame snapped, and the lens cracked from side to side. I can't get on with contacts, and the Bolle's are out of production (and are pretty much ready for replacement anyway - 5 years of MTB mud and Road grit have taken their toll on the protective glass anyway) so it's looking like a whole new pair of glasses. I'll try and get into the opticians on Tuesday for a eye-test (again, I'm about due for one anyway) and get something sorted.
  • RedSunshine365
    RedSunshine365 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    TheBigYin - I feel for ya! Prescription sunglasses for cycling are not cheap!

I had to buy a pair of shorts today because I drove an hour to the trail head only to realize I had left my shorts at home.
  • cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    TheBigYin - I feel for ya! Prescription sunglasses for cycling are not cheap!

I had to buy a pair of shorts today because I drove an hour to the trail head only to realize I had left my shorts at home.

Oh no and yay at the same time
  • trinitrate
    trinitrate Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Newest toy... holds the phone for GPS and Music access... covers the screen from light rain etc, and is still usable while riding.

51AHtGIuX4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Incredible-ThunderBolt-Sensation-Captivate-Fascinate/dp/B006N0T674/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333783314&sr=8-1
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Not really schwagg - just consumables today - doing a CLA (clean lube and adjust) this morning, and after cleaning down the chain, ran the chain-checker over it, and it's borderline for replacement - time for a new one, I guess... I say consumables, as chains usually last me about 2,500km - at the moment, thats pretty much measured in weeks not months :wink:

Goodness only knows how long I'd take to rip a 11 speed chain to bits... I'm currently running old 9 speed Ultegra and SRAM 991 chains, so it's decent quality kit, but not weight-weenie fodder.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I've been behaving myself recently - last thing I bought (last week) was a new saddle - Selle Italia C2 Gel Flow - jury's out so far on it - Still to get a proper long ride on it, but so far, it's looking like it might end on the MTB rather than the roadbike (bought it to see if I fitted the modern Selle Italia saddle shape, as it seems that as I've lost weight, I'm not getting on so well with the Fizik's anymore)

I have bought a few bits of clothing though - strangely, after losing 120+lb from this time last year, none of my spring and summer gear fits me anymore. So - a new pair of DHB (wiggle own brand) Aeron Race 3/4 bibs and a couple of pairs of the Aeron Pro Bib Shorts should see me through until I need the next size down. Also treat myself to a new pair of riding mits - the very spiffy and not a little old-school looking Gore Retro-Tech Leather ones in very poncey white!

I love DHB gear; I have a pair of DHB Bib shorts and two pairs of DHB Shorts.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    I love DHB gear; I have a pair of DHB Bib shorts and two pairs of DHB Shorts.

The Aeron Pro's are fantastic - better than anything I've worn that hasn't had the Assos Label on it!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    I apologise in advance to everyone in the UK who are about to experience a couple of months of torrential rain and snow...

I've been forced to change my wheels from the winter to the summer set.

Pre-Ride today, I noticed that my Rear tyre was pretty near bald, Made a mental note to give things a thorough checkup on retunring home. Had my ride, then gave it a quick look-over, and noticed that not only was the VIttorria Open Pave 24mm doing a passable impression of Kojak (1900 miles on a ultra-soft grippy compound winter tyre, at the rear, under a 260-290lb rider's not too bad a wear rate I suppose), but the rim itself had a couple of splits running fore-and-aft from a couple of the spoke eyelets.

I'm a coward - that wheel's now been demoted to turbo-trainer duty, where it's not going to hit another pothole.

As the Ultegra front wheel was already set up with a Conti GP4000S 23mm, I've dropped an (almost) matching GP4000S 25mm on the rear, and I'm ready to roll again tomorrow!

The Front Vittoria will probably make a re-appearance in late September I guess with a new friend on the rear - though on a different set of wheels... 1900 miles in foul weather without a single puncture, and feeling completely "planted" and "on rails" even in the foulest of road conditions is good enough for me!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I just did a upgrade from sora to 105 everything but shifters.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Which bike?

The R800 nothing, really.

I swapped frames with my Shimano frankengroup (Mix of 2300, RX100, Tiagra, R600): It's riding on an CAD2 right now.

Finally I scored a Selle Italia Flite Team saddle for my SR500 rebuild. It's gonna be sweet.

I bought the ex new helmet gloves and shoes to ride the SR300 I loaned her.
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Do tires count? Michelin Pro3's in 25 mm. Been running the Pro3's in 23 mm and love them but trying the 25's. The jury is still out.
    And I have a Fizik Aliante Versus saddle on order. I think that's about it for recent purchases.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Burley Bee Trainer
    Trek 820 for the wife
    Dakine Nomad 100oz pack
    bar ends for endurance racing
    SDM
    and another sufferfest video
    Oh. and a seat bag, 2 Bontrager x4 tires, new tire levers...
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Bought SPD/Platform pedals for my hybrid. Now I'm clipped in both bikes. WOOT.
    Got a little mirror for the road bike. It's sleek.
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    A Garmin Edge a couple of months ago... Can't live without it now! :-)
    Exmoor Beauty cycle jersey... Did the event, got the jersey!
    Altura bib shorts... The Sun came out for a day!

Happy riding folks! :happy: