Schwaggggggg

Options

Replies

• verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Newest toy... holds the phone for GPS and Music access... covers the screen from light rain etc, and is still usable while riding.

51AHtGIuX4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Incredible-ThunderBolt-Sensation-Captivate-Fascinate/dp/B006N0T674/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333783314&sr=8-1

That's cool. I may have found my some Xmas presents.
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Twin Mako 200 Lumen LED Headlamps- bring on the night rides.

8170253827_9626ce1ec3_b.jpg
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Newest toy... holds the phone for GPS and Music access... covers the screen from light rain etc, and is still usable while riding.

51AHtGIuX4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Incredible-ThunderBolt-Sensation-Captivate-Fascinate/dp/B006N0T674/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333783314&sr=8-1

That's cool. I may have found my some Xmas presents.

The Dahon 'Biologic' iPhone cases (for 3GS, 4, 4S & I believe they do one for the 5 now too), are really good, or if you really want to go to town, the Wahoo Fitness iPhone case with built-in ANT+ sensor is awesome; this allows you to run a heart-rate monitor, speed and cadence sensors for full data logging (cheaper than a Garmin 800!)
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Just ordered a new headlight (Magicshine knock-off from Amazon) and a set of studded tires. Bring on winter.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    I've started the process of accumulating the bits for my next project - Summer Bike 2013. Decided to stick with Shimano for another season - but the existing Ultegra 9 speed transmission isn't going to make it for a full season - it's the "Brifters" - they're getting a bit baggy/saggy and are in need of overhauling - so - time to swap to 10 speed I reckon...
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    and to hang the bits on, i'm thinking...

8235209481_5305e55b9f.jpg
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    well - as a single bloke, with no brothers, sisters, children or anyone else who's likely to buy me any christmas presents, when I saw that Planet-X/One-One had a special on Merino Socks (£10 for 3 pairs!), I had to go for it...

Winter socks in black - http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/CLOOTKCM3P/on_one_thicky_coolmax_socks_(3_pack)

and the one's I HAD to go for - just to get the "Dennis the Menace" striped ones...

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/CLOOTKMS3P/on_one_thicky_merino_socks_(3_pack)

CLOOTKMS3P_P1.jpg

£20 beer tokens and I'm all Socked Up for the Winter.

Result :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

Ordered yesterday afternoon - delivered by our wonderful post office 8:45am today. I'm a Happy BigYin :happy:
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    and to hang the bits on, i'm thinking...

8235209481_5305e55b9f.jpg

That's a sexy looking frame there TBY!

Loving the socks too, might have to get myself some of those! :laugh:
  • TheBigYin
    Options

That's a sexy looking frame there TBY!

Loving the socks too, might have to get myself some of those! :laugh:

It does look good, and more to the point it's pretty much spot on in terms of geometry to fit my ungainly and ill-proportioned frame. It's also a good £1000 cheaper than the Cervelo R5 that I was originally thinking of...
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    I've started the process of accumulating the bits for my next project - Summer Bike 2013. Decided to stick with Shimano for another season - but the existing Ultegra 9 speed transmission isn't going to make it for a full season - it's the "Brifters" - they're getting a bit baggy/saggy and are in need of overhauling - so - time to swap to 10 speed I reckon...

... and not 11 speed Campag? :laugh:
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    well - it "might" just be a 10 speed upgrade "pro-tem" for the Ultegra which ends up going on a Ti frame next autumn, giving me time to save up for something italian, fast, carbon and complete with Record 11 RDS for the 2014 season - hence the slightly less expensive frame this year... :wink:
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Nothing earth shattering or even exciting really... Newest purchase is a seatpost for bike #2. Originally had a 0 seatback - felt very cramped (13" bike). My butt was literally hanging over the edge so to get a better ride position.

Haven't tried it out yet but looks hopeful

20121210_222702.jpg

20121210_225139.jpg
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Well - Christmas has come early...

first the cheapies...

replacement 50T/34T chainrings (Stronglight basic ally rings) for the old shimano compact chainset, to save the Nice (relatively) new ultegra getting too much hammer over winter.

Replacement brake blocks for the roadbike - a set of Aztec Charcoal pads - nothing spectacular, but at least they're not full of bits of Fulcrum 5 Rim, unlike the current ones.

And then the slightly more expensive box...

My Dolan frame appeared while I was out at the supermarket this afternoon... No pictures as yet - but it looks pretty damned nice - the picture above doesn't do it justice, that's for sure...
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    First shot from the new-bike build...

8348627239_39ae4e0b7c.jpg

(couldn't resist the "pro" touch... :laugh:)
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Love the cheeky touch on the frame - looking forward to seeing photos of the bike when it's fully built - must be exciting to know enough about bikes to know you can build a bike exactly how you want it.

I got a £40 Wiggle voucher for Christmas but i'm likely to buy fairly boring things with it - need a new water bottle, some short finger mitts and thinking about waterproof socks too...
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    First shot from the new-bike build...

8348627239_39ae4e0b7c.jpg

(couldn't resist the "pro" touch... :laugh:)

Tres cool!
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    replacement 50T/34T chainrings (Stronglight basic ally rings) for the old shimano compact chainset, to save the Nice (relatively) new ultegra getting too much hammer over winter.

I want a 53/39 when I swap my chainset out. Hopefully SRAM Red :glasses:
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    I've done the 53/39 to death for years - to be frank, these days I can't spin out a 50/11 combo without riding down the side of an Alp never mind a 53/11, and I couldn't ride up the Alp in the first place on a 39T chainring :laugh:

In fairness, back when I originally rode the 53/39, the smallest sprocket at the back was 13T (4.0769 multiplier) - and a 50/11 combo is a higher gear ratio than that anyway (4.5454 multiplier) - to get the "normal compact" high gear on old-skool pre-freehub freewheels you'd have needed a dinner-plate-esque 59T ring... I do have a 56T Campag. track chainring somewhere in the "big box of bits" that used to get trotted out for the "funnybike" time-trial machine if the course was out Selby way...
  • harksy
    harksy Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking now you've got a Dolan and with the miles your putting in Sean Kelly maybe looking you for An Post ! :}
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Naahhh - i'm far too much of a wimp for Sean's liking...

I mean, I went to hospital after breaking my leg in 5 places and fracturing my pelvis in 2 places. Sean would have ridden the 25 miles back home!