Schwaggggggg

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Nice! You'll have to let us know how it is and how it compares to other videos. :bigsmile:
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    11838203496_11913b6ab9_o.jpg

Looks interesting... sadly (yeah right!) there's no "Ergo Mode" file for it, as Tony didn't really want to publish his data, but according to Phil at Tacx who films and produces the DVD's it was an easy afternoon spin for him, as he'd been out for 5 hours training in the morning. Apparently, it was a nice steady Z2 active recovery ride for him - apparently at an average of around 260W... :noway: :brokenheart:

Actually, if there WAS an ergo file of that ride it'd make a brilliant 25mile TT training motivator for me... Basically keep me at around 97-98% all the way round!
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Got myself my first pair of road bike shoes (currently have the MTB ones with the recessed SPD cleats)

or....'Disco slippers' as TBY calls them. They were in the sale from £120 down to £80, more than I wanted to pay but I saved on the pedals (Look Keo Plus £34.99 from Amazon) and thought it was worth paying more for the disc mechanism which really helps with my narrow feet.

db54b5f2-f71b-425b-9bbb-c0cf87228793_zpsdcd1d473.jpg
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Got myself my first pair of road bike shoes (currently have the MTB ones with the recessed SPD cleats)

or....'Disco slippers' as TBY calls them. They were in the sale from £120 down to £80, more than I wanted to pay but I saved on the pedals (Look Keo Plus £34.99 from Amazon) and thought it was worth paying more for the disc mechanism which really helps with my narrow feet.

db54b5f2-f71b-425b-9bbb-c0cf87228793_zpsdcd1d473.jpg

I hope the impending 'clipless moments' don't catch up out! Rather embarrassing when you flop over onto your side at a busy set of traffic lights! :laugh: :blushing:
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I do clip in now - with SPDs so the habit is already there - will just be a different mechanism - will set the tension quite low till I get used to it though - highly embarrassing otherwise!!!
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Everybody has done it. It is rather embarrassing when one minute you are upright and the next you are on your side still attached to your bike. Funny though.
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Arrived from Wiggle this week...

A new 105 bottom bracket for my road bike, to be fitted in time for my first century at the end of feb.

A new pair of overshoes as my Altura ones have seen better days. These should do the job; http://www.wiggle.co.uk/bbb-hardwear-shoe-covers/

:happy:
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    New pair of "Spock Mits"

12303453685_da584d8d2e_o.jpg

So called because you look like your doing the whole Vulcan "Live long and Prosper" hand signal when you wear 'em.

They're bloody warm though.
  • Kupe
    Options
    2 pairs of Endura FS260 - pro bib shorts and Shimano blue cleats
  • CDGolden
    CDGolden Posts: 343 Member
    Options

I hope the impending 'clipless moments' don't catch up out! Rather embarrassing when you flop over onto your side at a busy set of traffic lights! :laugh: :blushing:

Hate it when this happens
  • CDGolden
    Options
    New Schwaggggg

Pics will follow.......ordered up a new Frameset, Headset and disc brakes

a 2014 Surly Straggler, Cane Creek 40 headset and Avid BB7s

This will replace my Surly CrossCheck as my commuter/CX'er/winter roadie, most parts will swap over to keep the cost down and my other half happy...kinda
  • CDGolden
    Options
    And my new ride ...to replace my Surly CrossCheck..

2014 Surly Straggler....fresh out of the box..

1654402_10152049005195415_757045086_n_zps4ab5d71f.jpg
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    12833519225_17efdb524b_o.jpg

Gearing up for the summer... new Conti 4000s 23c's for the Dolans "best wheels" - ProBikeKit had a bit of a 1 day special on yesterday...

List £44.95ea. got them at 50% discount - would have been churlish not to really...
  • CDGolden
    Options
    GP 4000s , nice price and a good choice, I like mine alot..although in x25
  • slocyclist
    Options
    Arkel Cam-Lock hook kit to convert my Jandd Mountain panniers to a more universal fit for multiple bikes.

5498580015_ecdbfa66fe_o.jpg
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    A few kits-

b4c1fa9e547511e391771281c39a7fe7_8_zps09bb26c9.jpg~original

dd0150c6-087a-4cfb-9600-134856946e0a_zps52b79b71.jpg~original
  • Kupe
    Options
    Would love to get some Twin six stuff, really hard to get it in Aus, not sure if they post to this neck of the woods.
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    Options
    Would love to get some Twin six stuff, really hard to get it in Aus, not sure if they post to this neck of the woods.

I just went through their site today. Ended up with over $500 in gear. Time to stop. :bigsmile:
  • Kupe
    Options
    Your SO must be very understanding, if spent that much on Schwag, the shed would become my new home.LOL Working on convincing her to let me buy a new bike later this year without having to sell one of my others. I explained N+1 to her and got a laugh ,which is a good sign.

Only time will tell, I am just allowing her to buy all her crap at the moment and then I am going to cash in.:laugh:
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    Options
    Your SO must be very understanding, if spent that much on Schwag, the shed would become my new home.LOL Working on convincing her to let me buy a new bike later this year without having to sell one of my others. I explained N+1 to her and got a laugh ,which is a good sign.

Only time will tell, I am just allowing her to buy all her crap at the moment and then I am going to cash in.:laugh:

I didn't actually BUY the items...I just picked out all the cool stuff and it came to over $500. LOL.

I DID go in on a special order with Mad Alchemy to get their team kit stuff. :smile: