Options
    Some stuff for CX season...

11378983_858655520869072_394914757_n.jpg
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options

Are these goodies bound for the pink Crockett?
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    ntnunk wrote: »

Are these goodies bound for the pink Crockett?

DING! DING! DING!
  • kcjchang
    kcjchang Posts: 709 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Couldn't resist the close-out sale. Odd mated with Ultegra 6800 but $ and utility makes it palatable.

a8x246pr7ya8.jpg
    6zfxihi01v04.jpg
    rzycsg36tujz.jpg

• cowbellsandcoffee
    Options
    Got to build this up today at the shop. Trek Stache 7. Mmmmm. Puuuurple.

gbt0r8zrh7ne.jpg
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    And today... from the Tasteful side of the pond, I bring you my early birthday present to myself...

18899035843_a9e75fb67c_o.jpg

better "product shots" of it here

(when you look at it, you can see where Rapha nicked some of their design inspiration from - the contrast bands on the sleeves for example)

Lovely quality, as you'd expect from the people who've been providing the Leaders Jerseys for the Giro for nearly as many years as I've been on this earth... not to mention the World Championships kit for the UCI...

Sizing is a bit depressing though - its awful upsetting to find you take a 5XL jersey when you're only a 48" chest...
  • Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Well, I got the green light to finally get something decent to replace my old reliable, but ancient steel Fuji road bike, circa 1983. After many test rides, I settled on the following, a carbon Cdale Synapse with mostly a 105 groupset. This is my first modern road bike! Picked it up late last week from a nice LBS.

hpybjgfl6lxt.jpg

Got some pedals on the way, and once I get the reflectors off, get some time away from work, and also fight off lingering chest cold (uhg..), it is going to get some serious miles!!!

I hate looking at this bike and not riding it, lol.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    Options
    Archon2 wrote: »
    Well, I got the green light to finally get something decent to replace my old reliable, but ancient steel Fuji road bike, circa 1983. After many test rides, I settled on the following, a carbon Cdale Synapse with mostly a 105 groupset. This is my first modern road bike! Picked it up late last week from a nice LBS.

hpybjgfl6lxt.jpg

Got some pedals on the way, and once I get the reflectors off, get some time away from work, and also fight off lingering chest cold (uhg..), it is going to get some serious miles!!!

Excellent Choice... Hope you get well enough to get out there and enjoy riding it asap.

• britzen
    britzen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    New pedals. Could have just bought new cleats, but what the hey.... New shoes are next.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    8bwxidopia74.jpg

I got new DZR city shoes, since my Keens were stolen. I don't have cleats in just yet because DZR gives you the joy of carving out the rubber sole yourself. How very hipster of them.
    shoe.jpg 149.2K
  • ntnunk
    Options
    Archon2 wrote: »

hpybjgfl6lxt.jpg

Very nice! Congrats on the new steed. You'll love this thing I suspect.

• Archon2
    Options
    Very nice! Congrats on the new steed. You'll love this thing I suspect.

So, I had my first ride with it for about 20mi. I do really like it! So much better handling and lightness compared to the Fuji. No more downtube friction shifting! The only bad thing is there is already an annoying pop-creaking sound from around the headset area, but it is hard to localize. I'm going to take it back in soon if it doesn't settle down. Tried tightening up the fork, checked the quick release, cables, etc...so far it is a mystery.

• Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Had the same thing, Removed the headset, handlebars and dropped the fork out of the frame. I found that one the spacers between the frame and the fork had no lubricant on it. Gave it a good dose, put the bike back together and it has been fine since.
  • ntnunk
    Options
    Kupe wrote: »
    Had the same thing, Removed the headset, handlebars and dropped the fork out of the frame. I found that one the spacers between the frame and the fork had no lubricant on it. Gave it a good dose, put the bike back together and it has been fine since.

I had something similar with my Specialized Roubaix when I first got it. Mine was "popping" when I turned the bars hard one way or the other. Discovered pretty much the same problem as @Kupe. Disassembly, cleaning, and thoroughly lubricating solved it.

As a possibly simple fix, make sure the headset cap has everything compressed properly as well. I find it fairly common that the step is put on, tightened down, and then the headset cap tightened, which is exactly backwards. Loosen the stem bolts on the top of the fork, tighten down the headset cap, then re-tighten the stem bolts. Oh, and if this is your first carbon bike (it sounds like it is) be careful about over-tightening stuff! Don't want to crack that pretty new carbon.

• Archon2
    Options
    Hey thanks for the advice. I was thinking the spacers might be it too so I wrapped my hand around the spacers and also various parts of the headtube and induced it to make the creaking/popping aound during my last ride and did not feel a thing! So...that leads me to deduce that the sound is travelling up from somewhere else in the front end. I am guessing the quick release or the front hub. I changed the QR tension to no avail. Going to lube that skewer up and see if it is the mechanism that is causing it. Failing that, I will complain to the shop about it.
  • Archon2
    Options
    As a possibly simple fix, make sure the headset cap has everything compressed properly as well. I find it fairly common that the step is put on, tightened down, and then the headset cap tightened, which is exactly backwards. Loosen the stem bolts on the top of the fork, tighten down the headset cap, then re-tighten the stem bolts. Oh, and if this is your first carbon bike (it sounds like it is) be careful about over-tightening stuff! Don't want to crack that pretty new carbon.

I did try this...so if the spacers are the problem, it probably isn't the headset compression!

• cowbellsandcoffee
    Options
    New kit day...

Looks like a clown sneezed on me...awesome.

oiylfr2ixzqg.jpg
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    New kit day...

Looks like a clown sneezed on me...awesome.

oiylfr2ixzqg.jpg

That's very tame for you... I like it!
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    Options
    And now?

SrirachaJsy_Sleeveless__71751.1433973810.386.513.jpg?c=2