What motivates you?

Options
moepwr
moepwr Posts: 349 Member
I was running last night after having only two hours sleep and running around all day after a tantrum throwing toddler trying to get errands done. I was thinking as I was running why the hell am I doing this! Someone is going to have to pick me up off the floor (I was running on a track. We still have snow!). After I was done I was really happy that I had ran and kept to my goals. I was thinking how good it would be to finish the race in July. So what is it that motivates you to run?

Replies

• sncolon
    sncolon Posts: 2
    Options
    I have always liked/loved to exercise. I did my first 5K on March 31, 2012. I mostly walked but have placed. My sister who ran the NY marathon several years ago ran/walk along side me. What a blessing. My cousin who does tri in Hawaii also inspires me. That is why I am interesting in running.
  • Hellosexy10
    Options
    I run to eat, plain and simple:) When I'm not training for something I can easily put on 10-15 pounds. When that happens I know it's time to find a race! I love the atmosphere at a race. It's very exciting and thrilling to finish any race. I accomplished my marathon goal a couple years ago and now I've made a new goal of running a race in all 50 states. That goal has a big impact on my motivation as well.