HealthySoup-Vegan or can use meat-Vitamin packed and tasty

Options
nasja1984
nasja1984 Posts: 98 Member
Healthy Soup-Vegan-or meat
1 or 2 cups of boca “crumbles” (meat substitute made out of vegetable protein)
OR
3 Hot Italian Chicken Sausage (casing removed or buy the ground meat without casing at Sprouts meat case)(optional for vegetarian/vegan)
1 box SWANSON brand reduced sodium Chicken Broth (Don’t use “off” brands)
1 large can petite tomatoes reduced sodium (dump the whole thing in there, juice and all)
1 regular can reduced sodium or organic Great Northern Beans OR chickpeas (Optional)
1-3 cups of spinach torn into bite size pieces
2 Bunches Kale-Tear off leaves into bite-size pieces
2 Red Bell Pepper –Bite-size pieces
2 or 3 Broccoli Crowns-bite-size pieces
1-2 Cups frozen or fresh carrots (optional)
1 or 2 zucchini –bite sized pieces
Pepper to taste
Salt to taste
Chipotle pepper to taste (optional) I use about a TBS, you may want to be more cautious1 TBS TRUVIA/EQUAL/any sugar substitute or sugar/honey (optional)
In a large pot, cook ground chicken or boca crumbles, you can add some broth or water to make cooking easier. IF using real meat only, wait until meat is cooked enough, then add Chicken Broth, Large can Tomatoes, great northern beans (if using). Add remaining ingredients putting in carrots first (longer to cook, zucchini last) bring to low boil for at least 15 minutes, use carrots as a gauge on “doneness”., reduce heat and cover. Test for if it needs salt or pepper, I always add pepper, rarely add salt. I like a lot of pepper plus I put CHIPOTLE PEPPER seasoning in this but you may find it too spicy with chipotle pepper in it. This is a hearty soup that is very good for you! You can add other vegetables to it as well but I did not like it with peas. I have used Cauliflower and Spinach (Bite-size) for extra health benefits. It is good alone or served with a sandwich or bread. Optional veggies can be added. I use poblano peppers, green bell peppers, cilantro, bok choy, whatever you’ve got laying around. Corn will add some calories to it and might be tasty in it.
Enjoy-here's to good health-Nasja1984