How Long Have You Been Binge- Free?

Options

Replies

• pamelazee
    pamelazee Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am at my parents for the weekend for my mom's birthday. I am not going to stay under my calorie goal, but I am vowing not to binge. I will try to stay within my BMR.
  • sdm329
    sdm329 Posts: 57
    Options
    You can do it, Pamelazee. Just put it off as long as you can, then if it happens, just let it go and start over tomorrow. I know it's hard. I've been stressing at work and with a surgery coming up, I feel my will is weakening. I just keep telling myself to put it off and if it happens, it happens.
  • Abigaillee15
    Options
    Officially been Binge-Free for a week! Hoping to go another week (or two, or three, or four...)!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,903 Member
    Options
    Dang Abi! You are doing SO well. Keep it up.
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Today will be three days. Friday sucked, I totally stuffed myself and felt like crap. I went over on my calories during the weekend but I wouldn't call it a binge. There's definitely a difference for me.

Congrats to all of you!! Let's keep up the good work!
  • sncmaddie
    sncmaddie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You all inspire me! Hopefully tomorrow will be my first binge free day. These posts give me hope to believe that this can be done!
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    2 days.... in the last 2 months I've had 2 stretches of 10 days and then a bunch of 4 day stretches.

The first day is horrible to get through and after that it takes an actual trigger.
  • DTBurroughs
    DTBurroughs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    35 days. My longest stretch ever, I think.

Yesterday was very hard. I had a high calorie day, and the temptation/compulsion to just say screw it, go all out was almost unbearable. I kept finding myself wandering to the kitchen for no reason, just standing there thinking of all the things I could eat. But I made it through, and today it is a little better. I think it gets a little easier the longer you go without binging.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Just completed my 8th day
  • pamelazee
    pamelazee Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Sunday was my last binge. I may be over my calorie goal this weekend, since we have family in town and we will be eating out a lot, but I'm really going to try not to binge. Going to keep that idea of moderate portion sizes and not "giving up" when I'm over my calorie goal!
  • MelV1
    MelV1 Posts: 31
    Options
    Today is day 3 without binging! So happy to have found this group!
  • Abigaillee15
    Options
    Day 11!
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Day 11!

Me too :D
  • Abigaillee15
    Options
    Just relapsed :-(

Starting over tomorrow.... I feel so sick :-/
  • wingednotes
    wingednotes Posts: 279
    Options
    A full week if I make it through tonight :)
    Last time I made 2 days in a row was over a year ago. So this is huge for me. I'm very grateful for everyone on MFP.
    Having a tough time tonight with some emotions I'd rather drown out, but I'm holding tight.
  • kelbelzz
    kelbelzz Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Just relapsed :-(

Starting over tomorrow.... I feel so sick :-/

i'm in the same boat. tomorrow i'm starting over and hopefully never binging again.
  • emmiee921
    emmiee921 Posts: 224
    Options
    in 4 weeks I've only had 1 about 2500cals.. so I've actually been successfully losing weight now :)
    i have found ways to distract myself I've been exercising more.
    met a guy who is my neighbour so he can keep my occupied ;)
    been spending time with people, hardly alone.

I've been happy :)
  • leesee88
    leesee88 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Last night was the first night in awhile that I didnt binge. I was also home alone and had complete freedom to do whatever damage I wanted without anyone noticing. I didnt do it though!
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Thursday was my last binge. I really felt sick on Friday morning, worse than usual. It was horrible.

I feel much better now after a few days...there's always a new day to start fresh! Let's make it a good one!

THANK YOU to ALL of you for being here!!! :happy:
  • InTheInbetween
    InTheInbetween Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Going on 3 weeks binge free . . . EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
    I'm learning that I MUST keep busy, I must keep running . . . idleness gets me into trouble! And I MUST eat back my ex cals!