strange reading

Options
scorpiomfs
scorpiomfs Posts: 167 Member
today was my cheat day so to say. I had sweet tea, a choclate cupcake, almond joy coffe creamer. I got to thinking wow i prolly really am going to be high in the morning. I checked my blood sugar it was 92. That was about 2 hours after eating my sweets. Isnt that low for that? I only take 250 metformin in the morning. I took a1c this week ill see whats up i guess when it comes back . I just wasnt expecting it to be that low.. Take care all

mo:ohwell:

Replies

• bigbeardiver
    bigbeardiver Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    As you've learned, this is not an exact science. Your body may have needed the energy and metabolised it differently than if you did this in the afternoon or morning.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I think sometimes our bodies just work correctly and actually deal with BG like it should. And sometimes, despite our best efforts, our bodies don't work right and we have high BG.
  • ctprofessional
    ctprofessional Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I noticed that I have a little window around 1pm that my sugar is always low, like my body resets. So, I know if I'm gonna eat something bad I have it as a late breakfast. i try not to do it often though!