Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Just signed up for POF..

oddyogi
oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
Hahaha I took the plunge and signed up for POF. It's only a week (maybe even tomorrow) till my divorce is final.

I promise to share any ridiculous messages that I receive!

*evil laugh*

Replies

• Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Nice work. I just finished saying after your other post that it can't hurt :) any potentials from snooping on profiles?
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Hahaha I took the plunge and signed up for POF. It's only a week (maybe even tomorrow) till my divorce is final.

I promise to share any ridiculous messages that I receive!

*evil laugh*

hahah good luck!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    You will receive some ridiculous messages.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Good luck! I signed up for POF but promptly deleted it since I saw my psycho ex on there first thing! EEK!
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,290 Member
    Good luck! I signed up for POF but promptly deleted it since I saw my psycho ex on there first thing! EEK!

EEEK!!!
    I keep waiting to run into mine...LOL
  • oddyogi
    Lmao. I'm just worried about my students seeing me on there. Eeeek.

Most of my messages so far have been the generic "hey sexy how r u" but I did get one guy message me saying "I don't need any manscaping!"
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Give it time.. someone else said that you'll be bombarded with weirdos.. it's true. You'll have to weed through them but every now and then you get a normal one!! :heart:
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    I've stopped bombarding women with messages, so that one less weirdo! :laugh:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member

Yeah I haven't heard from you in a while... Hmmm...

I love that picture of you! Weirdo!! :flowerforyou:
  • tfbrave77
    tfbrave77 Posts: 29 Member
    I actually have had a profile for a while on POF but never paid much attention to it. I updated it over the weekend more out of curiosity than anything and have received several "I want to meet you" messages. I'm not familiar with the way these sites work so I'm not sure exactly how to respond or if I should respond at all. Though I suspect that it does not literally mean they want to meet just a generic message to show interest.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Yeah I haven't heard from you in a while... Hmmm...
    I love that picture of you! Weirdo!! :flowerforyou:
    Thanks.
    That's the picture I use on POF when I want to attract gold diggers. :happy:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    I actually have had a profile for a while on POF but never paid much attention to it. I updated it over the weekend more out of curiosity than anything and have received several "I want to meet you" messages. I'm not familiar with the way these sites work so I'm not sure exactly how to respond or if I should respond at all. Though I suspect that it does not literally mean they want to meet just a generic message to show interest.

It would be like a wink on other sites. If you are interested it they are more and likely open for you to message them. "Want to meet" is a just a way to scroll through matches.
  • tfbrave77
    tfbrave77 Posts: 29 Member
    Thanks. She sounded interesting, she's a Braves fan so she can't be all bad, so I replied. Now lets see where it goes.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Thanks. She sounded interesting, she's a Braves fan so she can't be all bad, so I replied. Now lets see where it goes.

good luck :flowerforyou:
  • oddyogi
    I've still just received messages that are a bunch of weirdos who can't come up with anything better than "hey sexy how r u today"
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Plenty of Fish is like shooting fish in a barrel. Scary, mutant fish that swam too close to a nuclear reactor!
  • AnnaPixie
    Plenty of Fish is like shooting fish in a barrel. Scary, mutant fish that swam too close to a nuclear reactor!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • AnnaPixie
    I've still just received messages that are a bunch of weirdos who can't come up with anything better than "hey sexy how r u today"

I know, sad aint it! :ohwell:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Be sure to check out 419 Eater's love scam section if you never have. Hilarious reading plus will help you weed out scammers.

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=44&sid=2593fb13961391132417f105be7c5227

Most of the scammers are from Nigeria still I believe, although they scam from all over the world, including the US and Western Europe. The ones I've run across in the past were all semi-competent in English. Very semi, okay, not semi, barely competent at all, so their works of art make for some fun reading. (Much like that sentence, only with more spelling errors!)

And hey, if you run across one, post it for a giggle!
  • oddyogi
    I had a decent looking guy message me, "hey sexy" and I read his profile and he seemed nice enough, talking about looking for a normal girl to just spend time with, etc. So I thought to myself, okay you can give him a chance. So I respond back, "Hi," and what's the next thing he asks?

"Want some mornin fun?"

I replied, "Morning fun?"

He said, "Good sex"

Me: Uuuuhh no.

It seems like half the guys on there think I'm just looking for a hookup and the other half want to get married in a month.