Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Just signed up for POF..

Replies

• Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    I had a decent looking guy message me, "hey sexy" and I read his profile and he seemed nice enough, talking about looking for a normal girl to just spend time with, etc. So I thought to myself, okay you can give him a chance. So I respond back, "Hi," and what's the next thing he asks?

"Want some mornin fun?"

I replied, "Morning fun?"

He said, "Good sex"

Me: Uuuuhh no.

It seems like half the guys on there think I'm just looking for a hookup and the other half want to get married in a month.

Good luck finding the in between guy.... I think men and women are equally nuts in different departments.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    So if I signed up on PoF looking for an immediate hookup followed by marriage in a month, you're saying that's a bad thing? Oh well. Good thing I'm not looking right now! :laugh:
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    So if I signed up on PoF looking for an immediate hookup followed by marriage in a month, you're saying that's a bad thing? Oh well. Good thing I'm not looking right now! :laugh:

LOL. To each her own. :P
  • MaraDiaz

Actually, I've always been a sucker for stories where people met, took a shine to each other, ran off to get married that same night, and are now telling their story with their wrinkled old carcasses planted in rockers, holding hands and smiling at each other.

But it doesn't usually go that way.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Ok, a girl from POF was once contacted by this guy asking her permission to print one of her picture on paper, cut a square with her face from the picture and then put it on some doll for his dollhouse. :love: (lol)
    How does that sound ladies? Anyone interested? If yes, I can probably get the guy nickname. :laugh:

This guy had to be joking though... (but probably not)
  • oddyogi

Actually, I've always been a sucker for stories where people met, took a shine to each other, ran off to get married that same night, and are now telling their story with their wrinkled old carcasses planted in rockers, holding hands and smiling at each other.

Awwwww yeah. Like Dharma and Greg! Except I don't think that was ever the case with POF. :laugh:
  • oddyogi
    Ok, a girl from POF was once contacted by this guy asking her permission to print one of her picture on paper, cut a square with her face from the picture and then put it on some doll for his dollhouse. :love: (lol)
    How does that sound ladies? Anyone interested? If yes, I can probably get the guy nickname. :laugh:

This guy had to be joking though... (but probably not)

Dear lord.. I bet this guy gets more chicks than he can handle.
  • MaraDiaz

Awwwww yeah. Like Dharma and Greg! Except I don't think that was ever the case with POF. :laugh:

Definitely not, these lovely stories usually date back to a time when some people didn't have phones yet, much less internet!
  • oddyogi
    Honestly, I haven't told any of my friends that I'm on an online dating site. I think they would find it peculiar because I don't have any trouble talking to men when I go out.. but I like variety I guess. I don't know what I would tell my roommate if I was leaving for a date and she asked where I met the guy. lol.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Honestly, I haven't told any of my friends that I'm on an online dating site. I think they would find it peculiar because I don't have any trouble talking to men when I go out.. but I like variety I guess. I don't know what I would tell my roommate if I was leaving for a date and she asked where I met the guy. lol.
    If one of the guys you meet is nice enough, I tell you what: she's going to register right away.
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    POF have way more attractive people on it than Okcupid but I think OKcuipid have more genuine people on them. A lot of people on POF post model pics and stuff. Anyone Agree?
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    I just hid my POF for some reason I am just going through a phase of not wanting to respond to any guy. This isn't fair to the guys as I have received some really nice messages along with the creepy ones. I will not delete the message and say to myself, I will write him back later when I have the time and well time just slips by and then it is 5 days later.

Maybe because the one guy stood me up and it was the first time I have ever been stood up. This isn't saying much as I just don't date much in the first place.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    I just hid my POF for some reason I am just going through a phase of not wanting to respond to any guy. This isn't fair to the guys as I have received some really nice messages along with the creepy ones. I will not delete the message and say to myself, I will write him back later when I have the time and well time just slips by and then it is 5 days later.

Maybe because the one guy stood me up and it was the first time I have ever been stood up. This isn't saying much as I just don't date much in the first place.

Waaa! Well if it makes you feel better I hide mine all the time. I'll go 2-3 weeks on there then disappear.

Don't let that guy ruin anything for you though.. if it's because you're not wanting to date, okay cool but don't let it be because of a poofer, especially if you're receiving "nice messages". :flowerforyou:
  • oddyogi

Waaa! Well if it makes you feel better I hide mine all the time. I'll go 2-3 weeks on there then disappear.

Don't let that guy ruin anything for you though.. if it's because you're not wanting to date, okay cool but don't let it be because of a poofer, especially if you're receiving "nice messages". :flowerforyou:

Exactly! Two of the decent guys I've messaged back and forth with so far have turned out to be students in my schoolhouse, so of course I'm not allowed to associate with them. Argh. It will be awkward when I'm their instructor, haha.
  • oddyogi
    Just got a message requesting me to go skinny dipping. Well that's.. Different.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Skinny dipping is fun. :drinker:
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    I am/is/was on POF - have met two people from it. One guy had two extremely different pictures of himself so I had no idea if he was the thinner him or the heavier him. Which was rather perplexing to me. Put the most current pic up - post the pic of where you want to be again on your fridge!

The second guy is the guy I am currently dating. I have to say since Jan, he has been pretty dang amazing. Nice, sweet and a gentleman. Who would have thunk?

When I first got on POF, I had someone message me, turned out to be someone I used to work with. Well I also knew he was married, as he is hitting me up for some fun. Yeah DONT think so jerkoff! He thought since I had lost weight I would go trolling through his nasty waters. LMAO I wouldn't do him heavy and I wont do him skinny
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    POF have way more attractive people on it than Okcupid but I think OKcuipid have more genuine people on them. A lot of people on POF post model pics and stuff. Anyone Agree?

I've only done PoF so I have no idea. Curious why you think this?
  • solman66
    solman66 Posts: 175 Member
    I am/is/was on POF - have met two people from it. One guy had two extremely different pictures of himself so I had no idea if he was the thinner him or the heavier him. Which was rather perplexing to me. Put the most current pic up - post the pic of where you want to be again on your fridge!

I had pics of the heavier me up with a caption along the lines of "This is how sexy I can be if you know how to make a sammich properly."

I recently took it down for a couple reasons.
    1. I don't think people look at the captions
    2. Even if they do they, might not get the sarcasm.

Unfortunately I don't have any recent pics so I'm stuck with either mirror or tripod pics of myself, which apparently makes some ladies skip over me immediately anyway.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member

Exactly! Two of the decent guys I've messaged back and forth with so far have turned out to be students in my schoolhouse, so of course I'm not allowed to associate with them. Argh. It will be awkward when I'm their instructor, haha.

It isn't really ruining me but more of a why bother with POF. I joined meetup.com also and have a meet up next week (was supposed to be this week but it got pushed back) for a kickball league. The same group is having a meetup this saturday at a bar so I might go to that also. It isn't necessarly for single people but seems like a group of people I would actually have things in common with and getting me out of the house. I guess right now I just don't want to be a fish to be caught through the internet instead want to be caught in person. Most my relationships have started over the internet I think this time I would rather have them start in person.

If that made any sense at all.