waking up in the middle of the night and eating

Options
I wake up every two hours, and sometimes when I'm bored I get out of the bed and land up in the kitchen. At first, I"ll think, "oh' if I only have one snack, I'll stop and go back yto bed. But when I engage in this, I rarely stop at one option. I binge, and feel like crud. When I wake up in the morning, I feel ready to start the new day, but then I remember the binge last night, and feel guilty, and end up starting my day in a really sad and defeated mood. I do have a lot of good days. Just wondering if anyone else has this experience.

Replies

• oriolesfan
    oriolesfan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've had situations like that. It's hard to figure out why I do that - sometimes I think it's my relief valve if I'm angry / unhappy with someone. Have you done any thinking on the why?
  • emptyinside
    emptyinside Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I hate stupid leftovers..... I can do great all day and then bring a big plate of leftovers to bed.........why????
  • metalchickita
    Options
    OMG!!! I AM NOT ALONE!!! I usually wake up at 12 pm, 2am, and 4 am to eat. Usually it is a full out pigout!!! I am so tired of this habit! I heard people develop this habit in response to stress, but I shouldn't be stressed. I think this is more a habit than my body actually NEEDS the food! I used to back when I was so so skinny, but now I need to dump this habit for good!!! Gained 30-40 lbs in a year doin this habit. Have been officially doin it for a year now. Heard it takes 21 days to break a habit for good! Hopefully tonight begins day 1!
  • DaniaIvette
    Options
    This is called Nocturnal Sleep Related Eating Disorder and I also suffer from it. I don't know how to control it and I think it would be wise to begin discussing about our experience.
  • keenerk4133
    Options
    I do the exact same thing!!! I wake up once every 2-3 hours and cannot seem to go back to sleep so a lot of times I wind up in the kitchen raiding the kitchen of leftover dinner or handfuls of cereal, anything I can get my hands on. It has gotten to the point where I have to plan ahead by bringing upstairs with me a granola bar and banana so I have no reason to go downstairs and I also make sure that I eat something before going to bed.