Random, but hopefully helpful info

Options
Deltafliers
Deltafliers Posts: 201 Member
Feel free to add/share any info you think may be interesting or helpful to you. Keep in mind, we are not doctor's or health experts so sometimes information might not be accurate. Have Fun!

Replies

• Deltafliers
    Deltafliers Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to reference an internet site or properly give credit where credit is due, hence the link:

I thought this was amusing and a very familiar feeling. I also hope this may shed a little light on your weight loss, and hopefully give you a place to start research, and I hope this makes you think of more specific questions to ask your doctor. Enjoy!

http://livingonaprayerwithpmdd.blogspot.com/2010/06/pmdd-and-losing-weight.html
  • beachnik00
    Options
    That was a really helpful link, thanks.
  • DianaLBP
    Options
    Several years ago, I knew something wasn't right with my body. I put a long list of random symptoms into google, and found this site. The symptoms I listed included, mood swings, weight gain, weak finger nails, hair loss, joint pain.... I took some of the assessments on the site and they told me I had a severe hormal imbalance. My doctors had never mentioned anything close to this. I was also on medication for depression. I had very little confidence that there products would help me any, but I was desparate. I was then AMAZED. The severe cravings stopped within days; my hair stopped falling out, my nails strengthened, all of my complaints went away. During that time, I also lost 70 pounds. DOWNSIDE -- they aren't cheap. After I got laid off in 2009, I had to stop taking the products; all of my symptoms returned. I was able to go back on them for a while, then not again. Again, my symptoms stopped on the products and returned off of them. Last year, I saw a naturopath for the first time in my life. He prescribed A LOT of supplements -- they worked. On them my symptoms stopped, but I couldn't afford to stay on them either. I am hoping to be able to get back on at least a couple of the women to women products again soon. The combination of products I was taking that helped me so much cost approx. $125 a month...but they are very worth it. Products aside, the assessments can give you a lot of good information to discuss with your doctor. Also, they have A LOT of articles online, which I find very interesting. The program was founded by an MD and OB/GYN NP who had focused on womens' health for years in their clinical practices. The site is http://www.womentowomen.com/aboutus.aspx As others have said here, I am not a health care provider. I am just passing on something that has proven very helpful to me. [Side note, I am working again, but am making significantly less money than I used to make.]